“Great Food”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Central McDougall
Neighbourhood: Central McDougall
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We went for an early dinner to avoid the rush on a Saturday. We ordered the grilled beef with vegetable wrap and the lemongrass chicken with noodles. I had a some rouble getting the hang of building the beef and veggie wrap and need a little more practice. Both the dishes were delicious. Nice size portions, we had some leftovers. I was full (burp!). I love the lemon grass flavour. The service was fast after we made our order but it can get very busy during the peak lunch or dinner hours. The service was also friendly. Lots of items on the menu to select from and they all look delicious. Nice place to come for lunch or dinner. Casual atmosphere. Will definitely be back again and again. Recommend coming in early for lunch and supper as I don't think they take reservations.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have been going to the Oriental Noodle House for over 20 years. Our very favourite menu items are the hot and sour soup or the beef satay soup, chicken or beef with lemongrass in spicy coconut sauce, cubed beef and mixed seafood chow mein. The curried squid is good and so is the szechuan chicken.

The restaurant is always busy, and often has a waiting list.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This restaurant is our new favorite little pre theatre spot. Always great, always hot, always delicious always fat friendly service. We cant get past the pho so have not tried the rest of the menu but it looks fantastic and the place is always full.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has been enjoyed by us since they were serving complimentary crab and asparagus soup.
I find that the crowded space does not nearly appeal to us any more. Because of the narrow space between tables, we had to twice move our plates to avoid extra wide jeaned posteriors from brushing against our food.

The food was tasty and in generous portions as usual and we got box enough for another meal the next day.
The ginger on the scallops could have been dialed down a touch.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Average, run-of-the-mill south-east Asian décor, acceptable service and food that satisfied. There's nothing particularly wrong with Thanh-Thanh but there's nothing that really stands out about it that would make it one of the better restaurants in town. I would eat here again but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way.