“Good Food for a Good Price”
Review of Rigoletto's Cafe

Rigoletto's Cafe
Ranked #277 of 2,515 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is my first trip to Rigoletto's Café and I was pleasantly surprised. I had heard good things about the restaurant and just never had the opportunity to go. My friend and I went and had a caesar salad, steak with gnocchi and peanut butter pie for dessert. The salad was excellent, very flavorful, but not over dressed, the steak was chargrilled and came with a honey sauce, the gnocchi were crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside and the peanut butter pie was light and delicious. Our server was attentive and friendly. Overall a good dining experience, I would go back again.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Very authentic and rustic Italian food. Good service, delicious food and reasonable prices. I would recommend this for any special meal.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The food and atmosphere were like a little Italy. The service was above par and the food was fantastic. It was quiet and in a very old building which gave it a wonderful ambiance. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in the city center area.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is my go-to lunch spot when I want a nice business or friend get together. Service is always top notch with the servers who are all long time and knowledgeable. In the winter, you can get in without reservations at lunch, but in the summer, it is best to book ahead. There is usually a large table reserved for a business lunchgroup, lots of office towers nearby and the restaurant has a good pre-booking program for large groups. The restaurant sends the menu by email, and the oganizer can pre-order the food and drinks. This service works very well.
The baked rigatoni is a staple dish there, three cheese with an infectious tomato sauce that makes you want to clear the plate. Add the diced italian sausage for an additional $6, and you will be full for the day. The steak sandwich comes with a large cut of meat and has always been served cooked to order. I think the steak sandwich is priced too low and is a real deal.
I have not been there for suppers but have noticed the place does look busy when driving by at 6pm. The restaurant is located on the main floor within a senior's apartment complex. I understand they have no room to grow the space.
In summary, the owner and staff are a delight to visit again and again. They work hard to satisfy everyone and the food is very reliable and priced very well. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Rigoletto's was a pleasant surprise! It's not a sleek, new modern place, but the food more than makes up for any lack of ambience. Our server was pleasant and our food came quickly and it was hot!

I had the baked rigatoni with an italian sausage added ($6 extra). It was delicious, just the right amount of cheesy goodness and the sausage was spicy, but not too hot. In my opinion, the sausage was worth the added cost and the pasta dish was definitely worth ordering again! My friend had the Hootski with a ceasar salad, and she also really liked her meal.

I'm surprised this place isn't busier at lunch with all of the office around. It was maybe 1/2 full when we were there from 12-1 on a weekday. Perhaps word hasn't gotten around?