“Awesome for vegans and vegetarians!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Padmanadi
Ranked #3 of 2,376 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Central McDougall
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome for vegans and vegetarians!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This little gem was great for us. Our daughter (5) didn't like it as much as we did, but we loaded up on food we normally can't eat at restaurants. The desserts were heavenly!
A must-do if you are in Edmonton and don't want to face the challenge of eating vegan in a traditional restaurant.

Visited April 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent fake meat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Usually I find it hard to find halal meat so when I travel I become vegan. Loved the chicken strips and ginger beef! Flavourful. The eggplant was also great-the one cooked in coconut. Forgot the name. You won't be disappointed!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Min N
Edmonton, Canada
“Delicious vegan fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I love Padmanadi so much. My partner and I often visit a few times a month, and we're never disappointed. Staff are lovely, and the quality of the food doesn't waver. The portions are really generous. Huge fan of the spicy eggplant! The desserts are decadent - how great is it to have the option of vegan cheesecake?

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Grace C
Edmonton, Canada
“Never disapointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

My daughter, who is a vegetarian, chose Padmanadi as her birthday dinner location as it is by far and wide her favourite place for food. The staff are always polite and proficient and the food, as usual was excellent. Each time I go I choose a different entree as I know that the chances of getting something I don't like are very slim. The atmosphere is calming and I like the Thai jungle decor. About the only minor downside t the location is that parking is not always easy to come by but a short walk is a very small price to pay for the excellent food.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bernard E
Surrey, Canada
“Awesome restaurant and great service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Padmanadi is a hidden gem. Apparantly it has been around for 12 years and I had never heard of it before.

This is a pure vegetarian restaurant that recreates asian dishes with tofu of different flavor and texture. We tried a "chicken", "beef", "pork" and "fish." The sauces and flavors were delicious! I highly reccommend eating here even if you are a meat eater.

The service here is wonderful - fast and efficient and checking up to see if we were enjoying everything. The decor is nice too. They have pictures of their regulars and employees up on their walls which is unique.

I don't particularly like its location but that is a minor complaint.

I can't wait to go back here!.

• Visited February 2014