“Awesome staff!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Canada
“Awesome staff!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff here is incredible! Extremely friendly, caring and very helpful! I don't remember all of their names, but all of the woman (there was 5 or 6) that I dealt with at the front desk were so nice and helpful. I do remember Nicole's name. She was very friendly and caring! Every time I saw her she asked about a family member who was in the Stollery Hospital. This was the reason why we stayed at this hotel. It is very close to the Stollery. It was about a 6 minute drive.

Our room was very clean. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. It had a flat screen tv, coffee machine, microwave, fridge, iron and ironing board. There is lots of parking. For breakfast there was sausage patties, egg patties, cheese slices and english muffins to make your own egg and sausage breakfast sandwich. There was also instant oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, juice, milk, coffee and tea.

At the front desk in the afternoon there was fresh cookies. Such a nice touch!

The hot tub was out of order while we were there. The wifi was great.

If we are ever in Edmonton again, I would definitely stay here. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed at!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cf_travellers
DaysInnS-GM, General Manager at Days Inn Edmonton South, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear cf_travellers,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Days Inn Edmonton South! It is always rewarding to hear that all the staff, as well as the amenities, add up to a great stay for our customers. Customer service is something that we really focus on, we want everyone to feel as though they are at home. I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience at our property, and we look forward to serving you and your family again at the Days Inn Edmonton South!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oakbank
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

nice play to stay - very clean and well kept - the hot tub was closed when i was there but it was a great place to stay - good service, friendly staff. Location was good as well - lots of stuff within a short walk of hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Glen T
DaysInnS-GM, General Manager at Days Inn Edmonton South, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Glen T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Days Inn Edmonton South. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our location, right in the heart of one of Edmonton's main tourist attractions. I am glad that customer service, alongside the convenience of our location made your stay! Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Edmonton South, and we look forward to seeing you again!
Hinton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I chose this hotel as it was in close to the Hospital in which I had to go for surgery. The hospitality we received was over and about what was to be expected. The reception staff are very, very polite and helpful. I did have trouble getting on to the wi fi, as well as most others but with there help my problem was solved quickly. They are also looking in to changing the wi fi providers as they are having a lot of trouble with this provided.
The room was very clean and well kept up. We stayed three days and were very satisfied.

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor which was very close to lobby, Internet and coffee.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DaysInnS-GM, General Manager at Days Inn Edmonton South, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear glenair2013,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at the Days Inn Edmonton South! I am very glad that our hotel was in a convenient location for you and your family, and I hope your surgery went well.

It makes me very proud to know that the staff acted quickly in solving your connectivity issues,and provided excellent customer service throughout your stay. We hope that we get a chance to accommodate you and your family the next time you are in town! Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edmonton South.
Fort St. John, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Starting with the staff, I can't say enough. They are all exceptional, caring and genuine. I spent more than a month at this hotel (at a reduced medical rate.) I was asked daily about the condition of my wife (who was in a hospital with life-threating issues.) Due to previous reservations I had to move from room to room several times but there was never a suggestion that I would have to go elsewhere.
The building is not well sound-proofed so any activity in the halls can be heard quite well. Between rooms, it is reasonably insulated. The Wi-Fi was a serious issue however. I could not depend on a connection. Outgoing email (Outlook) was constantly 'undelivered.' I had to resort to Gmail in order to keep up with family requests for information. This was apparently due to an arrangement with an internet security provider called "Suite Solutions." (So I was told.) I was forced to use my cell phone's 4G capability to ensure connectivity.
I will return in a heartbeat (because of al the positives) but not until I can be assured of reliable internet access.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator as many guests are young team members whose enthusiasm can be quite lo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DaysInnS-GM, General Manager at Days Inn Edmonton South, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear SteelChef2010,

Thank you for writing a review about the Days Inn Edmonton South. As a hotel we take pride in having excellent staff, with excellent customer service. I am very glad that it did not go unnoticed during your visit.

I would also like to thank you for your constructive criticism. We have noted the problem with the connectivity issues and have worked to minimize difficulties by obtaining certain preventative measures for the issue you have specified.

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edmonton South and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Edmonton!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Since the hotel opened I stay there 3 to 3 nights at least 4 times a year.
Enjoy the friendly staff not only at the reception but as well the housecleaning staff is very cheerful
I find the BBQ which is available an excellent idea and as well the customer appreciating evening (won for the first time)
Ms. Silva should be congratulated for leading such a positive group of employees
I shall be back
Hermann

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DaysInnS-GM, General Manager at Days Inn Edmonton South, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Hermann,

Thank you for sharing your positive experiences with us regarding the Days Inn Edmonton South. I am very glad to know that you have been satisfied with your stays at our property over the past couple of years. I am also very happy to hear that you take advantage of our guest appreciation nights. We want all of our guests to know that we do appreciate them and hope like yourself, that they continue to come back to us when they are in the Edmonton area. We hope to see you back soon and maybe next time you'll be able to use the barbecue!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We have stayed in a few Days Inn Hotels on our journey around Alberta and this was as good as any. We paid for the room so when I had a friend in need of a bed she was able to stay with us for no extra charge.As per all of the Days Inn hotels, we had free wifi and breakfast. The breakfast was good and the wifi was fast. There are plenty of places to eat nearby as the hotel is located near Whyte Av which has plenty of unique bars and restaurants. There was also plenty of parking and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good value hotel in this area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ForYourEntertainment
Dear 'ForYourEntertainment,'

Thank you for your kind review of the Days Inn Edmonton South. I am very glad to hear that our location was convenient for your stay, and that you were able to take advantage of the area that we are in. Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities, and feel free to come back any time! We hope to see you again soon.
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

First time at this hotel for a very brief stay.

Didn't arrive to the hotel until 12:30am. The lady (Millet) at the front desk greeted me by name right away (probably because I was the last person to check in for the evening).

Told her that I will be leaving before 5:00am to catch a flight. She offered to have breakfast ready before the normal scheduled serving time for me, but I declined her offer.

When I checked out, there was a bottled water along with a very nice personalized note wishing me well.

I have been a Wyndham Member for years. The customer service that I saw from this location by her probably would be my top 2 experience (along with Wingate by Wyndham in Regina).

Bravo!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Gabe888
Gabe,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Days Inn Edmonton South. I am very glad to hear that you were satisfied with how we deliver customer service to our guests. We would be more than happy to have you stay with us the next time you are in the Edmonton area, and hopefully you don't have to catch an early flight so we can provide you with breakfast as well! Hope to see you again soon!