“Fresh & Flavourful Dim Sum”
Review of New Tan Tan

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New Tan Tan
Ranked #297 of 2,555 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Went with some colleagues for lunch today. Good to see the traditional cart service. The offerings that were made were fresh and flavourful. The offerings were somewhat limited in variety but no complaints with the items tried. I would try it again with the hope that there would be a larger variety of items. Pricing is a little high but is not a major impediment to visiting. This is one of a few restaurants that offers Dim Sum service beyond what most would consider "normal" Dim Sum hours of service.

1  Thank BagelAlberta_Canada

Reviewed 24 October 2012

This is one of my favourite lunch-time restaurants close to China Town and the service is always fast and friendly.The restaurant is located across from the Pink Federal Gov't Building on 97st and near the corner of Jasper Avenue It's not fancy inside, but clean and brightly lit. When you sit down at the table a waitress will bring you a big pot of green tea to start. Then the ladies pushing the food carts will start rolling by. Sticky rice, pork dumplings, shrimp cakes are great. My favourites are the flattened chicken breast on a stick with a honey garlic sauce, and the flattened beef on a stick in a a mild bar-b-q sauce. To finish get the coconut buns, as they are yummy too. If you don't see what you want on the carts going by, just ask the ladies, and they will have it made for you. The only problem with Dim Sum is your eyes are bigger than your stomach, and you take too much, just ask for a doggy to take the rest home.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Had not visited this place for several years. Looked like it had had some work done so was nice and bright. As we sat down, a pot of tea was delivered which was a nice touch. Dim sun trolleys at our table right away - nice selection. The food was hot and delicious. Prices are a bit on the high side but we didn't mind as the quality was there to support it.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

The restaurant isn't fancy, but the food and service made the meal worth while. I enjoyed all the dishes offered and I felt the service was warm and helpful.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I was introduced to this restaurant in 2006. I've eaten at a lot of dim sum places but I always come back. Everyone has their opinion of what is or isn't good food. I particularly like this place and I am particular about my food and quality and service. One positive is that parking is always available especially on Saturday's and Sunday's. I have brought many friends here over the years and they have all enjoyed their meals and have returned. I always try to arrive by 10:30/11 so I can get their cocktail buns fresh from the oven. They are the best I've had. I also really enjoy their deep fried squid which you order separately as soon as you arrive. Service is always friendly. Food arrives quickly and it's never cold. I am particular about what I like most and I've never been disappointed with the selection or the quality. Again I'm sure someone will tell you there are better places (and there might well be - but I haven't found them) but I like The New Tan Tan and I personally recommend it. After 5 years I have never had a bad experience.