We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites at the end of a 2 week Alberta holiday that took us through Drumheller, Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Grande Cache and finally Edmonton before heading back home to Saskatchewan. We ended up at the Hampton in Edmonton, primarily because it was one hotel that would accomodate a family of 5. We didn't realize that Alberta hotels seem to have something against families that have 5 members. Most were willing to book families with 4 members, but quite a few actually turned us away due to us having 5. That's how we ended up staying at the Hampton...unlike some of their competitors, they actually wanted our business and accomodated our 3 kids.
Upon checking in we found out that we were booked into one of the suites. The Front Desk attendant actually said "Wow I've never seen this room at this price!". So we had some idea right off the bat that we might be in for something special.
As we walked into the room, our kids said "Wow...look at this room...it's like a castle!" We were all amazed at the size of the room and the decor of it. It was incredibly spacious with a sink/miny bar by the door, then another sink/vanity outside of the bathroom. The bathroom itself is very modern with a lot of room. Beds were great quality and were very comfortable.
In addition, we were told that we could come down for a continental breakfast in the morning. My definition of continental breakfast is a few muffins, pastries, coffee, and juice. Well their continental is basically a full breakfast counter that included cereals, toast, bacon, eggs, pancakes, fruits, muffins, pastries, and a do it yourself waffle station to make your own fresh waffles. INCREDIBLE!
So right off the bat most of you are probably saying, well you must have paid an arm and a leg for this room. You couldn't be more wrong! This was the best hotel that we stayed in over the two week span, and it was the best priced one as well.
We didn't take advantage of the pool since we were going to the West Ed Mall waterslides the next day, but the pool would have made it's value even that much better.
We will definitely be back and won't even consider looking elsewhere to book rooms when in Edmonton! This place is a gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West is located in West Edmonton, conveniently located only minutes from the West Edmonton Mall and Telus World of Science-Edmonton. Many other area attractions are within driving distance. So whether you're in town to soak up some history, close a burgeoning business deal or get outside for some adventure, you'll soon discover why our hotel in Edmonton is the gateway to the North and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Edmonton/West
- Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton/West Hotel Edmonton
- Hampton Inn Edmonton
- Hampton Inn Hotel Edmonton
- Edmonton Hampton Inn