Travelling on business, myself and a colleague visited this hotel - we stayed for 8 days.
We were greeted and taken care of individually by a lovely young lady, Charmaine (I believe that is her name) What a delight she was. She was super-friendly and very professional. I wish I was always greeted at every hotel with this kind of enthusiasm. She is a great example of what a good CSR is. Kudos also to the baker of the cookies that also greeted us on the counter....(they were still warm...yummy!)
Hampton Inn & Suites are usually our first choice for hotels when we are on the road. This Hampton Inn did not disappoint. The rooms were large, very comfortable; a small kitchenette with fridge, microwave and sink was a blessing to have. When travelling on business, I like to get a few groceries on my own so I am not eating out every nightThe daily complimentary breakfast each morning starts the day off right. There is always fresh fruit, yogurt, bread, and something "hot" (the waffle machine tempts me every day)
The fitness centre that is there, albeit a little small, was ample, and had fairly new equipment. It was very clean. I used it daily and I never had to wait for a machine. In addition there are tvs built into each of the machines, and you can get a pair of complimentary ear-buds at the front desk.
Over the weekend, it was VERY busy - the breakfast area in the mornings was packed, and some people were taking their breakfast "to go". That being said - it is a family hotel, it was a weekend, and the hotel staff remained professional and helpful - they even brought out a couple of extra folding tables and chairs for the overflow. The food never ran out and the tables were cleared quickly. What I didn't like was the families that took over the hallways until all hours of the night...kids running up and down the stairwells, hallways....was a bit of a turnoff - when I am there alone, and trying to sleep. I am not a complainer and let it go. But next time, I would ask to not have a room beside the stairwell.
This hotel is very close to many terrific restaurants, and only a very short drive to the West Edmonton Mall.
My recommendation to this hotel is to work on improvements of housekeeping. (it was not a bad thing - I think they were just overwhelmed) 1 day I did not get my room made up by my choice (I worked from there for a day, and didn't want the interruption) but on one of my last days, I was out until 4 pm, and came back, the room was not made up yet, I walked down the hall and told the staff, working on another room, that they needn't bother, which I was fine with -- but to make me happy, they apologized and quickly gave me an extra fresh towel and coffee for the morning. (I believe that this was only due to how busy it was on the weekend - they were doing catch up).
Great family hotel - with studio suites and full suites. Very comfortable, clean and accomodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West is located in West Edmonton, conveniently located only minutes from the West Edmonton Mall and Telus World of Science-Edmonton. Many other area attractions are within driving distance. So whether you're in town to soak up some history, close a burgeoning business deal or get outside for some adventure, you'll soon discover why our hotel in Edmonton is the gateway to the North and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Edmonton/West
- Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton/West Hotel Edmonton
- Hampton Inn Edmonton
- Hampton Inn Hotel Edmonton
- Edmonton Hampton Inn