“Absolutely wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West
Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was in for a 5 night stay at this property. From the moment I walked in the front door I felt "at home" my check in was quick and very friendly. Special mention to the GSA Jacob! He made me feel so welcome and comfortable for my entire stay. He greeted me by name each and every time he saw me and took a couple min of his time to chat with me about my day. Your property should be very proud! He sure knows how to "WOW" the guest! The room was wonderful and very clean. All the associates where very friendly, from the associates working the breakfast room each morning all the way to the night audit associate that I met up with every evening that asked if he could get me some bottled water or anything else before I retire for the night. Just a overall wonderful stay and experience! Would recomend to everyone! I will be back in july!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Yodyn
JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Good day Yodyn
Thank you for the great review, we really appreciate your kind words. We are absolutely delighted that you had a fantastic experience at our Hampton. I also want to pass along my thanks for mentioning Jakub and his dedication to ensuring that our guests have a great experience while staying at our hotel. As a company, we will take the opportunity to recognize and reward Jakub for this great recognition online. We hope we get to host you and your family again soon. All the best!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Travelling on business, myself and a colleague visited this hotel - we stayed for 8 days.

We were greeted and taken care of individually by a lovely young lady, Charmaine (I believe that is her name) What a delight she was. She was super-friendly and very professional. I wish I was always greeted at every hotel with this kind of enthusiasm. She is a great example of what a good CSR is. Kudos also to the baker of the cookies that also greeted us on the counter....(they were still warm...yummy!)

Hampton Inn & Suites are usually our first choice for hotels when we are on the road. This Hampton Inn did not disappoint. The rooms were large, very comfortable; a small kitchenette with fridge, microwave and sink was a blessing to have. When travelling on business, I like to get a few groceries on my own so I am not eating out every nightThe daily complimentary breakfast each morning starts the day off right. There is always fresh fruit, yogurt, bread, and something "hot" (the waffle machine tempts me every day)

The fitness centre that is there, albeit a little small, was ample, and had fairly new equipment. It was very clean. I used it daily and I never had to wait for a machine. In addition there are tvs built into each of the machines, and you can get a pair of complimentary ear-buds at the front desk.

Over the weekend, it was VERY busy - the breakfast area in the mornings was packed, and some people were taking their breakfast "to go". That being said - it is a family hotel, it was a weekend, and the hotel staff remained professional and helpful - they even brought out a couple of extra folding tables and chairs for the overflow. The food never ran out and the tables were cleared quickly. What I didn't like was the families that took over the hallways until all hours of the night...kids running up and down the stairwells, hallways....was a bit of a turnoff - when I am there alone, and trying to sleep. I am not a complainer and let it go. But next time, I would ask to not have a room beside the stairwell.

This hotel is very close to many terrific restaurants, and only a very short drive to the West Edmonton Mall.

My recommendation to this hotel is to work on improvements of housekeeping. (it was not a bad thing - I think they were just overwhelmed) 1 day I did not get my room made up by my choice (I worked from there for a day, and didn't want the interruption) but on one of my last days, I was out until 4 pm, and came back, the room was not made up yet, I walked down the hall and told the staff, working on another room, that they needn't bother, which I was fine with -- but to make me happy, they apologized and quickly gave me an extra fresh towel and coffee for the morning. (I believe that this was only due to how busy it was on the weekend - they were doing catch up).

Great family hotel - with studio suites and full suites. Very comfortable, clean and accomodating.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank McFadKim
Hello McFadKim
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and gracious review about your experience with us at our hotel. One of the reasons I’m so proud to be a part of this team is that I have the opportunity to work with people who exude grace under pressure. I also want to thank you for mentioning Charmaine and her hard work at the front desk. Please know that we will reward and recognize her for the honorable mention here on Tripadvisor. We hope to see you back on your next business trip to Edmonton. Take care!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

good place to stay if your going to West Edmonton Mall its like a 5 minute drive to get there. Staff were friendly and welcoming. rooms had lots of space in them so you dont feel like your staying in a matchbox. beds were very comfortable. Free Breakfast and WiFi .

awesome stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Greetings Dania1987!
Our team would like to pass along their thanks for taking some time to recognize us with a great review for the travel community. We’re very happy that you had a great experience with our staff and that you enjoyed our morning breakfast buffet and stay connected wifi service. We really enjoyed serving you and we hope to see you back soon! All the best!
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We always look for a Hampton Inn hotel when travelling with our family. They are always modern, clean and friendly. We also appreciate the included breakfast so we can eat and be on our way. The exercise rooms have all the essentials and my son always enjoys the pool. The price is not a bargain, but is fair.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Greetings Richard C!
Good day and thank you for taking some time to post a review for the Tripadvisor community. We are delighted to see that our hotel was able to meet the needs of your family on your recent trip to Edmonton. Our team is 100% dedicated to ensuring that our guests have a great experience when they stay with us because we recognize that our guests have many great options to choose from in the west end. We hope to see you back soon! Take care!
oakville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

The total experience was satisfactory for the cost...still prefer full service hotels more though. My wife and I found the staff to be helpful and informative. The beds, especially the king sized ones, are to die for. I would love to find out what the brand is so I can buy one for home. Overall, not a bad experience

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Hello Robert V
Thank you for your review. We’re encouraged to see that even though your preference is for a full service experience, we were still able to meet your needs with the services we offer as a Hilton focused service brand property. We will continue to work hard and do our best to ensure that each and every guest receives a level of service that would be expected in a full service property. We certainly appreciate that you have options, but we would still love the opportunity to host you and your family again in the near future! If there is anything we can do for you, please feel free to contact us directly. Have a great day!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

if you are going to the city, the best hotel is at Hampton, the sheets and duvets are washed after visit plus free breakfast, not just a cold meal either, you can even take a muffin and drinks when you leave

1 Thank Nellie K
Dear Nellie K
We are absolutely honored and humbled by your very gracious review. We really appreciate the feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reach out to us directly at the property. All the best!
Regina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We had a wonderful stay. The food was excellent with lots of variety every day. The rooms were clean and comfortable with lots of space. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very close and convenient to the West Edmonton Mall.

Greetings Tara S
Hello and thank you for the kind review on Tripadvisor and for including us in your travel plans. We are delighted that you had a great stay and that our proximity to West Edmonton Mall proved to be convenient for you and your family. We hope we can see you back soon. Take care!