“Great Hotel in Great area”

Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West
Ranked #5 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Great Hotel in Great area”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good and a good fitness room. I would reccond to anyone having to do business on the West side of Edmonton. Easy access to many major roads

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Hello Mark B
Thank you for taking some time to write a review for our property. We really appreciate the support. We are also pleased to see that the location of our hotel proved to work in your favor for this stay. We sincerely hope we have the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the near future! Take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Didn't know where to stay...Saw this on Trip Advisor. Excellent parking, easy access to, wonderful morning breakfast, nice room. Special thanks to Taylor on the front desk - appreciate her knowledge of shopping malls, mapping out destinations when needed, suggesting things to see while in Edmonton...made our visit even better. Thank YOU! Enjoyed the morning breakfast... Pool, hot tub even the kids pool - great! Extremely clean and well taken care of property - a very nice stay. Thanks Hampton Inn. It was also nice to see the care your Manager took of the property and his staff and their daily meetings/training sessions- its evident - he cares!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Donnad9
JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Greetings Donna9
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for such a kind, generous and gracious review. Having a review like this really gives me the opportunity to reward and recognize our various team members who go above and beyond each day to ensure that our guests have great, unique experiences while traveling to Edmonton. Taylor is a fantastic individual who has a bright future in the hospitality industry. We truly enjoyed serving you and we look forward to seeing you back with us on your next trip to Edmonton! All the best!
Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed 1 night in a king suite and really enjoyed the hotel. Great location being that it's close to the ring road and to West Edmonton Mall. The staff were very courteous and helpful - and the facilities (room, pool, exercise room) were all great. Breakfast was fairly typical of most hotels these days - nothing special. Highly recommend as a good all around hotel in this medium price range.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam M
Hello Adam M
Thank you for submitting a review. I would also like to thank you for making our Hampton a part of your travel plans. We’re very pleased to see that we were able to meet your family’s needs while you were in Edmonton. We hope to see you back soon!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We were in Edmonton for 25 hours, just enough time to enjoy a day at the Science Centre, splash in the hotel pool and return back home.

This hotel is close to the WEM but we had no intentions on going to the Mall this time. The pool area was clean, kid friendly and enjoyable. As a family that is important since the kids are energetic little fishies who love to swim.

The ladies at the front desk were amazing. I called down inquiring about rooms with mini fridges since ours didn't have one (also important when traveling with kids & bringing your own snacks) and they went above and beyond & brought us our own mini fridge within minutes.

All in all our short stay here was exceptional. My only dislike was we were not told before arriving or upon making our reservation we now have to pay a Destination Marketing Tax. This is something all Edmonton Hotels should be advising customers when calling for a rate or making a reservation.

While this hotel doesn't have an in house restaurant (which I also find odd) there are several in the area within walking distance.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robswife2004
Good day Robswife2004
Thank you for taking some time to write a review for our property. We are very pleased to see that it appears you and your family had a great time while visiting the city of Edmonton. It’s great to see that the Telus World of Science, our pool and our team were highlights of your stay. We enjoyed serving you and we hope we have the opportunity to do so again in the near future. All the best!
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was in for a 5 night stay at this property. From the moment I walked in the front door I felt "at home" my check in was quick and very friendly. Special mention to the GSA Jacob! He made me feel so welcome and comfortable for my entire stay. He greeted me by name each and every time he saw me and took a couple min of his time to chat with me about my day. Your property should be very proud! He sure knows how to "WOW" the guest! The room was wonderful and very clean. All the associates where very friendly, from the associates working the breakfast room each morning all the way to the night audit associate that I met up with every evening that asked if he could get me some bottled water or anything else before I retire for the night. Just a overall wonderful stay and experience! Would recomend to everyone! I will be back in july!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Yodyn
JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Good day Yodyn
Thank you for the great review, we really appreciate your kind words. We are absolutely delighted that you had a fantastic experience at our Hampton. I also want to pass along my thanks for mentioning Jakub and his dedication to ensuring that our guests have a great experience while staying at our hotel. As a company, we will take the opportunity to recognize and reward Jakub for this great recognition online. We hope we get to host you and your family again soon. All the best!
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Travelling on business, myself and a colleague visited this hotel - we stayed for 8 days.

We were greeted and taken care of individually by a lovely young lady, Charmaine (I believe that is her name) What a delight she was. She was super-friendly and very professional. I wish I was always greeted at every hotel with this kind of enthusiasm. She is a great example of what a good CSR is. Kudos also to the baker of the cookies that also greeted us on the counter....(they were still warm...yummy!)

Hampton Inn & Suites are usually our first choice for hotels when we are on the road. This Hampton Inn did not disappoint. The rooms were large, very comfortable; a small kitchenette with fridge, microwave and sink was a blessing to have. When travelling on business, I like to get a few groceries on my own so I am not eating out every nightThe daily complimentary breakfast each morning starts the day off right. There is always fresh fruit, yogurt, bread, and something "hot" (the waffle machine tempts me every day)

The fitness centre that is there, albeit a little small, was ample, and had fairly new equipment. It was very clean. I used it daily and I never had to wait for a machine. In addition there are tvs built into each of the machines, and you can get a pair of complimentary ear-buds at the front desk.

Over the weekend, it was VERY busy - the breakfast area in the mornings was packed, and some people were taking their breakfast "to go". That being said - it is a family hotel, it was a weekend, and the hotel staff remained professional and helpful - they even brought out a couple of extra folding tables and chairs for the overflow. The food never ran out and the tables were cleared quickly. What I didn't like was the families that took over the hallways until all hours of the night...kids running up and down the stairwells, hallways....was a bit of a turnoff - when I am there alone, and trying to sleep. I am not a complainer and let it go. But next time, I would ask to not have a room beside the stairwell.

This hotel is very close to many terrific restaurants, and only a very short drive to the West Edmonton Mall.

My recommendation to this hotel is to work on improvements of housekeeping. (it was not a bad thing - I think they were just overwhelmed) 1 day I did not get my room made up by my choice (I worked from there for a day, and didn't want the interruption) but on one of my last days, I was out until 4 pm, and came back, the room was not made up yet, I walked down the hall and told the staff, working on another room, that they needn't bother, which I was fine with -- but to make me happy, they apologized and quickly gave me an extra fresh towel and coffee for the morning. (I believe that this was only due to how busy it was on the weekend - they were doing catch up).

Great family hotel - with studio suites and full suites. Very comfortable, clean and accomodating.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank McFadKim
Hello McFadKim
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and gracious review about your experience with us at our hotel. One of the reasons I’m so proud to be a part of this team is that I have the opportunity to work with people who exude grace under pressure. I also want to thank you for mentioning Charmaine and her hard work at the front desk. Please know that we will reward and recognize her for the honorable mention here on Tripadvisor. We hope to see you back on your next business trip to Edmonton. Take care!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2013

good place to stay if your going to West Edmonton Mall its like a 5 minute drive to get there. Staff were friendly and welcoming. rooms had lots of space in them so you dont feel like your staying in a matchbox. beds were very comfortable. Free Breakfast and WiFi .

awesome stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Greetings Dania1987!
Our team would like to pass along their thanks for taking some time to recognize us with a great review for the travel community. We’re very happy that you had a great experience with our staff and that you enjoyed our morning breakfast buffet and stay connected wifi service. We really enjoyed serving you and we hope to see you back soon! All the best!