“Lovely”

Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
canada
“Lovely”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The hotel is in a good downtown location. Clean, modern rooms with comfy bed. The complimentary breakfast is very large and varied. Parking was a little difficult do to a wedding but we found free on street parking. The building is well maintained, bright and modern.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alberta
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We have stayed here many times. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the location is convenient. The one problem is getting a room here as it is often booked solid. Parking, wine tasting and good breakfast is free.

• Stayed April 2013
Calgary
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Second time staying here. We had exceptional service. We were upgraded to a lovely room along with a $50 dining credit because the room I requested was unavailable. The staff is polite, helpful , friendly and they give top notch service. The hotel includes a lovely FREE continental breakfast, FREE wine tasting in the evening, FREE parking and FREE internet!! Where do you get that these days?? It's clean and modern and in a great location downtown close to everything and especially close to shopping! There is great restaurant next door called WILDFLOWER it's won awards and has become one of my favorites. I wish we had one in Calgary! Overall FANTASTIC!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor! They have a fantastic terrace off your room!
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My first time at this hotel and I think this will become the new favourite for business trips to Edmonton. Fresh, clean and modern, free wifi with excellent connectivity, complimentary hot and cold breakfast buffet, very good rates ($168), nice beds and shower. Awesome restaurant rated one of the best. Of course, great professional and very welcoming staff. Downtown location very central and walking distance to Edmonton Centre. Starbucks next door. Highly recommend this for business travel. Didn't have time to check out other amenities. Will report on them next time .

Wpg., MB, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2013

From the moment we walked into this hotel, to the moment I checked out, it was amazing. Jennifer, Jay and Mike were at the front desk to check the three of us in, and they were fun and friendly and more than helpful! They had suggestions on places to go to eat, Jennifer told us about the Common Social Hall, with martinis on tap, etc. (She's so wonderful, that Jennifer!)

I had a lovely room, with a fabulous king sized platform bed, small but more than adequate bathroom and a large flat screen TV.

I had opted out of housekeeping for my stay, so ran through my coffee pods for the Keurig within the first 24 hours. When I went down to ask for more, the lovely gentleman created a 'coffee care package' with coffee, creamer and sugar, and brough it up to my room.

The restaurant staff was awesome, helpful and fun as well. And seriously, free glass of wine and appies every night?! AMAZING! And honestly the very best breakfasts I've ever had in a hotel. EVER.

I can't wait for my next business trip to Edmonton! I don't care if it's -40 and I have to walk outside for 20 minutes to get to my office, this is now my go-to hotel.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The team at the Matrix do an excellent job of honouring and welcoming frequent stayers - they treat me like royalty when I'm there, remember my name, remember my favourite requests, and the whole staff makes every stay easy. I call the Matrix my "home away from home" and it is the staff that creates that feeling. Good breakfast every morning, lovely wine and cheese each evening, all for what I consider a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: The elevators can be a bit slow during heavy traffic periods (mornings and after work) so staying on...
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Matrix for 3 nights this week for a business trip. Rooms were modern, spacious and well appointed.
Complimentary breakfast was fantastic. The best surprise was the restaurant in the hotel. We had lunch there on the second day and enjoyed it so much, we went back for dinner the next night.
Staff is extremely courteous, polished and top notch!
Would stay there again in a heartbeat!