All reviewsroom was cleanevery morningcomplimentary breakfastparking lotfort macfront deskmelmuffinstvkitchenettetruckwifidowntown
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I stayed at the BCMInns for two nights because I needed to be close to the hospital. It is a very convenient location in downtown Fort McMurray. Incredibly close to the hospital, and also very close to many restaurants and stores (within walking distance). They also accept pets which was a huge help. The rooms are nice, nothing fancy, but clean. They offer a free hot breakfast every morning which is actually quite good. There was a bit of noise outside on the Saturday night but I imagine that is because we are downtown. The staff is also friendly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
BCMInns Fort Mc... G, General Manager at BCMInns - Fort McMurray (Downtown), responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Erin,
Thank you so much for reviewing us. We’re very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We work hard to ensure that every guest is provided with the best possible service. We appreciated having you stay with us and would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I'll start by saying I had low expectations and was also a little nervous about staying here. Turns out I had nothing to worry about. I had a ground floor room- (the hallways to the room are a little dirty. The carpet is stained). My room was very clean. I inspected the bathroom- actually spotless. Bed was maybe a bit smaller than average but comfortable and also clean. The AC is the old kind mounted on the wall and a bit noisy but I didn't mind. Good selection of channels on the tv (satellite) and there is also a sink area, cupboards, microwave, fridge and a Keurig coffee maker. I've stayed at much more expensive hotels that don't have such amenities.
With tax, I only paid 105 for the night which I feel is an extremely good deal for fort mcmurray. I would definitely stay again for that price if I ever needed to.

Ps- the front desk lady gave me 2 bottles of water at check in. Also a nice feature.

Stayed: July 2017
BCMInns Fort Mc... G, General Manager at BCMInns - Fort McMurray (Downtown), responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Courtney,

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Very cheap and clean ❤️ i will definitely comeback here ❤️❤️ and its very close to shoppers and kfc. They also serve free breakfast, the place is very clean and the atmosphere is so good, I love my room ❤️

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
BCMInns Fort Mc... G, General Manager at BCMInns - Fort McMurray (Downtown), responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 19 June 2017

My partner and I were up in Fort McMurray for a competition, and we had searched a few sites for an affordable hotel that would accept our dog. This hotel not only accepted the pet, but their price was quite reasonable. We got there not sure what to expect after a previous bad experience with a reasonably priced hotel that accepted pets. Needless to say, we ended up pleasantly surprised to wind up with a hotel that was quiet, the room reasonably large and with a nice little kitchenette. Seeing some of the other guests, it was obvious it was a hotel that was preferred by the rig workers up in Fort Mac, which didn't bother either of us at all. The room was clean, the bed nice and comfy and quiet. They boasted a complimentary breakfast, and having stayed at other places that offered one, I was fully expecting them to start it at 6:30, when we would have to be leaving for the competition. I was really glad that they started the breakfast at 5:30, and it was a full complement of choices. We ended up well fed both mornings that we stayed. The front desk staff even went a step further to help us by helping to bring our stuff in from the truck when we got there. I would very much suggest anyone to stay here. When we got ourselves set up on the free WiFi, I noticed something unique for a budget hotel; they had room specific routers so that your WiFi was strong and uninterrupted.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
BCMInns Fort Mc... G, General Manager at BCMInns - Fort McMurray (Downtown), responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear Cathryn,

Reviewed 17 June 2017

My husband and I stayed 2 nights on a visit to Fort McMurray.
Pros - The hotel is well located in the city center. We were able to walk to stores and restaurants. Our room was on the third floor and we found it quiet and comfortable. There was a coffee maker, microwave and fridge in the room. we were very pleased with the included full breakfast. (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc.)
Cons - Our room was not serviced even though the "do not disturb sign" was not out all afternoon. I called reception and they apologized and brought up clean towels right away. A damage deposit is charged to your credit card and refunded after check out and the room is checked, so you have to wait several days for the credit to show. I have never been charged a damage deposit at a hotel before.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
BCMInns Fort Mc... G, General Manager at BCMInns - Fort McMurray (Downtown), responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While we wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve our service. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.