“I am a long term guest.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Platinum Hotels

Platinum Hotels
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Fort McMurray
“I am a long term guest.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The best place in the area. Close to everything, free gym pass. Rooms are great and the staff couldn't be more helpful if I need anything at all. I have more then 15 of my staff staying here as well and they fell the same way.
Thank you to the management and staff for making us feel at home.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I need Internet for work and to Skype with family while away..worst Internet I have ever seen..had to do everything from my phone!! If you need or want Internet don't stay here. Maids don't do a good job making the beds..just trow it together, a child could do a better job.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Stephanie B, General Manager at Platinum Hotels, responded to this review, 14 October 2015
Hi Adam,

I sincerely apologize we had challenges with our WI-FI during your stay with us. I would like to welcome you back since our internet has now been upgraded and has much success. We hope you will give us another try in the near future and apologize again for your inconvenience.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Once you find it, it's a good hotel. More apartment-like with a modern feel, it provides a good 'home away from home', with access to a basic kitchenette. I only stayed one night, but would stay again next time I'm there on business. It is in a strange kind of strip-mall, so even my local cab driver had trouble finding it. Also, the check-in desk is not obvious and is one floor up once you enter the building.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank T D
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotels internet is the slowest I've seen in my travels in a long time. I need to skype with my family and colleagues while I am out of the office. The internet speed was really slow to start with but the wifi was also cutting in and out every few minutes. I asked the front desk and they told me they would look into it. I had the same issue with this hotel a year ago so I doubt its going to get fixed.
Hire a proper IT guy to set up your network Platinum.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mike W
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Trendy light fixtures and fancy new or updated rooms, but... the HVAC is so loud and walls so thin that it's difficult to sleep at night. Worst of all, the sitting area of my room smelled of week-old pee. Management listened sympathetically, but did nothing to resolve the problem.

Room Tip: Room 328 smells like pee.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris L
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was on a business trip and stayed at the hotel with a collegue. As stated, its more of an apartment then a hotel, and the decor is quite modern. Check in was a breeze, and the staff very friendly. However, I had the second bedroom and the A/C was blowing hot air. The room temperature was 77. I called the front desk and the clerk came upstairs,(after instructiing me on how to set the thermostat)..........fiddled with the controls, and then announced yes.......its not working properly. But now its 9:30 at night and the maintenance guy is gone for the day. So I had the first night there being very uncomfortable and hot.

Went to work and came back to hotel and the temperature was a freezing 73. I called and was told it was fixed. Four degrees? When you pay well over $285 a night you think you should be comfortable. I was not and checked out the next day to the Raddison. Sorry Platinum.......you might want to get a new A/C repair person.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Great Hotel. Rooms are fabulous and you never have the feeling you are actually in a hotel.
Very clean and very upscale.
If you are looking for a great place to stay in Ft Mac this is the one for you.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business