“Given someone else's room”

Quality Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Staying here started out as a huge pain in the buttox. I had a bunch of expensive luggage on a trolly, and I was put on the second floor. That was fine, except the room number written on my key holder was written down wrong; back down to the lobby with all my stuff to figure out where I was actually supposed to be, since I wasn't about to leave it unattended.

I was told to go back to the second floor to another room. After lugging my stuff up a second time, my key worked and I slipped inside. As I doffed my shoes and jacket and began to remove my heavy luggage from the trolly, something struck me as deeply wrong: there was someone else's luggage in the room. And their McDonald's packaging was in the trash. I was in someone else's room!

Fuming, I went downstairs a second time with all my luggage and demanded to be put on a first story room, because there was no way I was going to drag my stuff up a third time. My request was granted.

About half an hour after settling into my room, I got a call from the front desk asking me if everything was alright. I said yes, and they asked to confirm if I was in a room on the second floor. I could not believe there was so much dysfunction going on in this hotel.

The lobby is spacious and modern, and the rooms were clean and adequate. I did not have wireless internet in my room, and had to tether my phone. My room didn't have a view to speak of.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 August 2012

One night stay. Not a new "classy" hotel---- very clean & comfy. Staff very pleasant. The breakfast buffet was fresh & tasty. Rita & Katie were superb in the restaurant. Had "issues" with the TV--- tech came in less than 5 mins. He was pleasant & fixed it!!! Definetly will stay here again. Was nice to see -- Gina-- we worked together here 20++ years ago!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Their website says they have free wifi, but it's actually only for the lobby, they lie about it "not working" in the room, washroom doesn't look clean, faucets are full Of scum for the tub, provides laundry service, but when I requested for laundry detergent they said they did not have any because they were waiting for shipments which will take months,

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is an average hotel that works well for a quick business trip. This is basically a no frills hotel which provides a clean room for a business trip to fort mcmurray. Would not recommend it to stay with kids / on personal trips.

This hotel is not that close to downtown Fort McMurray but is close to the airport. The location is good if you want to leave from the hotel for the airport as you avoid most of the traffic across the bridge. Unless youre booking last minute - there are more than a few hotels closer to downtown or to the north side that have more higher end rooms and restaurants.

I did not really need to use any room service or the desk clerk.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
dgilles, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2015

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We need your comments in order to improve our services and products offered to our guests.

Denis GILLES
Quality Hotel & Conference Centre
Fort Mc Murray

Reviewed 29 May 2012

when we arrived check in took over half an hour for our group to check in unlike the usual 10min or so new management wasn't sure what to do. The rooms and stay after that was just as good as usual.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank peter84
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This hotel is a typical Fort McMurray retail experience with a big price tag. 2 workers for 4 days each in their own room cost over $1600.00. White the rooms were comfortable and typical for this town. However, when we pursued an account with this hotel we were put through an entire rigamarole of credit application processes, only to be turned down because we couldn't commit to a certain amount of annual usage. We then booked at a far less expensive hotel that wanted our business, regardless of what amount. The way this business chooses to conduct itself is a joke and we will certainly never use them again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Odessa L
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My staff speak highly of the place and the staff are helpfull and freindly.

Room Tip: Do not forget WING night