“AMASING service. Couldn't get any better.”

Nomad Hotel and Suites
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Some of the rooms are really nice, front desk staff is some of the best I have ever met. Really good location right down town where everything is happening. I highly recommend this hotel, parking in the area isn't the greatest but I found a spot because I got there earlier then my co workers so I lucked out on that one for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. I will be sure to pass them on to all of our staff. We hope to see you back soon and that your next trip is just as good.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have stayed at the Nomad Inn many times over the last 20 years. It has been renovated over the last few years and is very acceptable. The hotel is well located and minutes from the Suncor Centre and business locations downtown. It is just south of the river and gives good access to Highway 63 and the oilsands mines north. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The wireless Internet is very good. There is a very good Keg Restaurant attached to the lobby. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The continental breakfast included with the room is basic but adequate. The only problem we have had is with a few of the electrical outlets, which appear to have been missed during renovations and are quite worn, to the point that they do not hold a plug. As far as business hotels go in Fort McMurray, this would be a solid choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank gmdalberta
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for your comments.

We are all very pleased that your stay with us enjoyable and that all of the staff were able to help and be of service to you throughout your stay. We are continuing our renovations and improvements throughout the hotel and hope to have all of our rooms fully ready in the next month. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

The Nomad is not my usual choice of accomodations in Ft. McMurray as I like to stay away from the downtown core as much as possible. I unfortunaetly had to stay here for two night recently. The lowlights clearly out weigh the highlights of this hotel. This place appears to be under renovations with no sign of anyone renovating. There is limited parking available. Once you leave the hotel and adventure outside you do not feel safe going for a walk. I had noticed the floor was not vacuumed behind the entry door as there was a pile of dirt and lint in the corner along with a crawling insect. I must add the bed was comfortable and appeared to be clean. The contenential breakfast is somewhat a joke as you get a choice of coffee or juice box, bagel or toast (but they had no bread one morning or a muffin) The toasted bagel came in a bag with cream cheese.
One thing to note is the front desk staff are very accomodating and friendly. If you must stay here look around as its not really worth the price you have to pay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you for your comments.

We have completed renovations in close to 60% of our room over the last year and will continue into the end of this year for the remainder of them.

I apologize for the state that your room was in. I assure that this will be brought up with our staff immediately. If you can please contact me directly next time you come to Fort McMurray, I would like to make your next stay meet yours and my expectations.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

The Nomad is centrally located in the middle of absolutely nothing. To be fair, Ft. McMurray is a horrible town, so any hotel here would get an unfair review. However...

...the rooms are very dated, relatively clean but found dirt on the carpet and crumbs on the desk. Seems like the housekeeper was in a rush. Comfortable beds but I wouldn't sit on the stained couch.

Tried to get breakfast, but good luck finding any without a walk.

As I said, not impressed with the town, and there has to be better hotels here.

Stayed: April 2012
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you for your comments. I was concerned to read that our hotel did not live up to your expectations.

Our downtown location is one of the many reasons our guests choose our hotel over several others in the area. Due to our downtown location, and in addition to the coffee shop in our lobby which provides a complimentary continental breakfast for our guests, we also have close to a dozen popular restaurants located within a few hundred meters of the hotel.

Your hotel room was one of the few remaining rooms that have not yet been renovated. We will be doing renovations to these rooms over the next few months and this will complete the renovation project for the entire hotel which we started in August of last year.

I was also concerned to read that your room was not up to the standard of cleanliness that we pride ourselves in. I will personally address this issue with our housekeeping team. If you are coming back to Fort McMurray in the near future please contact me directly and I will see that your next stay is more enjoyable and comfortable in one of our renovated rooms.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Visiting Fort McMurray is a bit like visiting a gold rush town in the Wild West, and this hotel further reinforces this impression.

Cheaply built rooms, feel like they have been refurbed in the last 5 or 10 years, but serioulsy on the cheap. The shower bath combo is has one of those plastic shell preform inserts, modern and functional, but again, cheap.

Poorly maintained, block air conditioner stuck on the external wall of the room, big fat CRT TV in a huge TV cabinet. You get the picture. Parking is limited and problematic.

The hotel doesn't have any food and beverage themselves, but there is easy access to a Keg and a coffee shop in the building. By the way, for the $199 per night rate, I got a Free breakfast voucher to the coffee shop. I had to smile, a fruit juice in a box, a bakery item (toast or muffin or bagel), and a coffee, all served school cafeteria style.

Go somewhere else if you can, the local recommended the Merit Inn.

• Stayed: November 2011
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you very much for your comments. We apologize that your recent stay with us did not live up to your expectations.

We have just completed the first part of our planned renovations a few months ago. These have included new beds, new linens, and new furniture in 70 percent of our rooms. We will be extending and completing these renovations to our remaining 3 floors in the next 6 months, and will also be completing the upgrades to our TV’s and other in-room electronics durring this time.

Thank you again for your comments, and if you plan on coming back to Fort McMurray, let us know and we will do our best to provide you with the product and service that you are expecting.

Reviewed 31 August 2010

I was originally in a jacuzzi suite but the roon smelt odd and was extremely dated. I asked for an upgrade in the room and was setup on the top floor in a renovated room which is ten times better. The room is spacious, clean and does not smell of stale smoke. It has a couple flat screen TV's and microwave and mini fridge. The hotel itself does not have a fitness centre or pool but does have a irish pub with normal pub food as well as The Keg. Underground parking is $5 a day or parking is available on the street or surrounding parking lots. Overall I would stay here again if I was able to get the upgraded room.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank garlicspamsam
Reviewed 7 November 2009

I stayed at the Nomad for 2 nights and really don't have anything bad to say about the hotel or it's staff. I was late arriving on the first night (around midnight) and while I had to wait for the 'couple' ahead of me to check in, I had no problems. The front desk staff apolgized for my wait, checked me in quickly and answered all my questions. They were very helpfull and very nice. I had a room on the top floor, it was clean and quiet. The only thing I could possibly complain about was the fact that the shower temperature never got hot. I could only get 'very warm' at the best.

One thing I will recommend visitors stay away from is the cafe in the hotel. The help behind the counter was not friendly, the coffee was 'nasty' at best, and I never once got exactly what I ordered. Don't expect much from the cafe, other than a cup of bad coffee and a store bought bagel, or week old pastries. There are much better places to go for a good, hot breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business