Arrived on Monday afternoon to stay for 2 nights. We were in town to volunteer at a casino fundraiser for our figure skating club and our club booked and paid for many rooms (10+). Overall I heard nothing but complaints from our travelling companions and my husband and I were not pleased. The rooms are worn down and shabby looking. Cleanliness wise I would say it is barely satisfactory. The bathtub drained slowly and the shower felt like it was ripping my skin off. The hot and cold water were finicky, minor adjustments caused major fluctuations in shower temperature. There was no makeup mirror in the bathroom and poor lighting which made it difficult to prep in the morning. The sun woke me up before I wanted to because the curtains were not quite long enough and caused the sun to be directly in my eyes, which SUCKS when you were up working late at a casino and just want to catch up on sleep. I can only imagine how awful this is during the summer when it is light out for most of the day. Volunteering at the casino meant we had to stay late (2-3am) at the Casino... so we would not to get to sleep until quite late. Having to drive the next day, we asked for a late checkout on Wednesday so we could get a decent amount of sleep before having to hit HWY 63. The hotel turned us down and said there would be absolutely no late checkout unless we paid an extra $20/hr, so we had to get up early, shower and pack and checkout at 11, which meant we had to drive while we were still quite tired from working late at the casino. I was not happy about having to hit that highway while still exhausted. They could not even give us an extra hour?? . Other members of our party complained of bathtubs not draining, being unable to get into their rooms (one member had to switch rooms 2 different times). We have stayed at this hotel for our casino fundraisers before but next year I will make sure that next time our club chooses a different property under different management/company that can provide us the service and flexibility we need when volunteering on the late shift. Overall a dismal and exhausting experience. Did not sleep well there, did not feel like a valued customer as they were rigidly inflexible on everything, and will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A convenient downtown Fort McMurray location, the Nomad Hotel & Suites offers a choice of accommodation styles to suit short visits or longer term stays. Choose from comfortable guestrooms and suites in the main hotel, or expansive apartment style accommodations nearby. With more on-site restaurants than any other Fort McMurray hotel, guests can enjoy dinner at The Keg Steakhouse & Bar, and listen to live music weekly at Live Bar and Grill. We're just a short walk to the areas largest shopping mall and the Boomtown Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Nomad Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomad Hotel Fort Mcmurray
- Nomad Hotel And Suites Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada