I stayed at the Nomad for 2 nights and really don't have anything bad to say about the hotel or it's staff. I was late arriving on the first night (around midnight) and while I had to wait for the 'couple' ahead of me to check in, I had no problems. The front desk staff apolgized for my wait, checked me in quickly and answered all my questions. They were very helpfull and very nice. I had a room on the top floor, it was clean and quiet. The only thing I could possibly complain about was the fact that the shower temperature never got hot. I could only get 'very warm' at the best.
One thing I will recommend visitors stay away from is the cafe in the hotel. The help behind the counter was not friendly, the coffee was 'nasty' at best, and I never once got exactly what I ordered. Don't expect much from the cafe, other than a cup of bad coffee and a store bought bagel, or week old pastries. There are much better places to go for a good, hot breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A convenient downtown Fort McMurray location, the Nomad Hotel & Suites offers a choice of accommodation styles to suit short visits or longer term stays. Choose from comfortable guestrooms and suites in the main hotel, or expansive apartment style accommodations nearby. With more on-site restaurants than any other Fort McMurray hotel, guests can enjoy dinner at The Keg Steakhouse & Bar, and listen to live music weekly at Live Bar and Grill. We're just a short walk to the areas largest shopping mall and the Boomtown Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Nomad Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomad Hotel Fort Mcmurray
- Nomad Hotel And Suites Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada