“Good Expereince - Seems Trip advisor should update the rate I got $119”

Stonebridge Hotel Fort McMurray
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Hamburg, Germany
“Good Expereince - Seems Trip advisor should update the rate I got $119”
Reviewed 30 March 2010

I thought this hotel was quite good! Read the other reviews... I had great service... I thought the front desk people where friendly and particularlly ?Jenifer? there had a great sense of humour! Great food and the bar staff are great! After a long day at work it is nice to talk to nice people!

BTW the Rate listed on this site and others is wrong The room price is $119 - I re-booked through the Stonebridge...

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Central Alberta
Reviewed 25 January 2010

The money seems to have been spent to lure you in. The room I had was a horrid freezing 1970's hole. Very poor and very expensive. Once I got into the elevator I knew I made a bad choice.........

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Fort McMurray hotels

Texas
Reviewed 6 November 2009

My business partner and I stayed two nights at this hotel. It was more expensive than others and was downtown, so we thought it would be a good bet. Got up the first morning and attempted to get ready for a client presentation. NO HOT WATER! Contacted front desk and they said it was out for the entire hotel. Had to visit client without a shower. Temperatures were below 0 Celsius. Complained to the manager about being charged full rate and she knocked off $20 Canadian dollars off my bill. Ridiculous...You could not pay me to stay at this hotel again. Other than the hot water issue, rooms were cheap, cramped, and dingy. Wireless internet was on and off (kinda like the hot water).

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Our stay at the Stonebridge Hotel was satisfactory. Nothing special here, but it was satisfactory and seemed clean. The front desk staff were helpful and polite. Best thing about this is hotel is the location, right downtown. We were here as part of the InterPLAY festival in Aug. 2008.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Beerboy
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 24 October 2007

Not sure who the other traveller encountered, but the girls at the Front Desk of the Stonebridge in Fort McMurray are always very pleasant and take care of my extra business requirements. The property itself is not the Ritz. That said, chances are if you are reading this, that you already know that Fort McMurray isn't exactly a travel vacation destination. The Stonebridge has all that I need - nicely kept rooms with Refidgerator and Microwave (some have kitchenettes) free internet, close proximity to everything downtown, and a staff that will do all it can to help me with some special business needs. For the location and service, I haven't found better... and sI am up here over six months out of the year.

• Liked — Location and Service
  • Disliked — The Restaurant (I am told it is a separate owner and management.)
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank oilsandsguy
nowhere
Reviewed 5 October 2007

The hotel is now called the Stonebridge and I would NEVER stay there again.

First of all there was a mouse in my room and the staff didn't really care. Nooone apologized or anything. I was there for 2 weeks and there was a mouse in another guests' room as well. They said they were calling pest control but I didn't see any.

The staff working at the front desk are arrogant and rude. They have so much attitude.

I advise anyone who is going to stay in Fort McMurray to avoid this hotel at all costs.

Stayed September 2007