“Liked this hotel - location is great! Great Value in my opinion” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stonebridge Hotel Fort McMurray

Stonebridge Hotel Fort McMurray
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Calgary, Canada
“Liked this hotel - location is great! Great Value in my opinion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

I really liked this hotel and I feel like I got my money's worth. A fantastic friendly staff and a great place to work from. Bailey's Pub is great... Good place to grab a beer!

I would recommend this to my friends! (If you have to work up here!)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Danko323

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

This hotel is very clean and friendly, travelling to Fort McMurray did have me worried as I have heard unpleasant things about the town. The Stonebridge provided me with a very safe environment. The rooms are very clean and housekeeping staff always smiled at me and made sure that I had sufficient amenities (especially my coffee). Checking in was a pleasure and very efficient and when walking through the lobby they always acknowledged me.

I found the location to be most attractive, being right downtown I was able to conduct my business meetings with ease and being so very close to the mall, Tim Hortons Montana's and the Casino (no I didn't win) it was super easy to entertain myself when I wasn't working.

I would definitly recommend this hotel to other people and if I have to go back I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelLady221
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

I thought this hotel was quite good! Read the other reviews... I had great service... I thought the front desk people where friendly and particularlly ?Jenifer? there had a great sense of humour! Great food and the bar staff are great! After a long day at work it is nice to talk to nice people!

BTW the Rate listed on this site and others is wrong The room price is $119 - I re-booked through the Stonebridge...

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Central Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2010

The money seems to have been spent to lure you in. The room I had was a horrid freezing 1970's hole. Very poor and very expensive. Once I got into the elevator I knew I made a bad choice.........

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Fort McMurray hotels

Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2009

My business partner and I stayed two nights at this hotel. It was more expensive than others and was downtown, so we thought it would be a good bet. Got up the first morning and attempted to get ready for a client presentation. NO HOT WATER! Contacted front desk and they said it was out for the entire hotel. Had to visit client without a shower. Temperatures were below 0 Celsius. Complained to the manager about being charged full rate and she knocked off $20 Canadian dollars off my bill. Ridiculous...You could not pay me to stay at this hotel again. Other than the hot water issue, rooms were cheap, cramped, and dingy. Wireless internet was on and off (kinda like the hot water).

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2009

Our stay at the Stonebridge Hotel was satisfactory. Nothing special here, but it was satisfactory and seemed clean. The front desk staff were helpful and polite. Best thing about this is hotel is the location, right downtown. We were here as part of the InterPLAY festival in Aug. 2008.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Beerboy
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2007

Not sure who the other traveller encountered, but the girls at the Front Desk of the Stonebridge in Fort McMurray are always very pleasant and take care of my extra business requirements. The property itself is not the Ritz. That said, chances are if you are reading this, that you already know that Fort McMurray isn't exactly a travel vacation destination. The Stonebridge has all that I need - nicely kept rooms with Refidgerator and Microwave (some have kitchenettes) free internet, close proximity to everything downtown, and a staff that will do all it can to help me with some special business needs. For the location and service, I haven't found better... and sI am up here over six months out of the year.

• Liked — Location and Service
  • Disliked — The Restaurant (I am told it is a separate owner and management.)
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank oilsandsguy