Merit Hotel & Suites
Franklin Suite Hotel(Fort McMurray)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$129
US$136
Podollan Inn(Fort McMurray)
US$119
Vantage Inn & Suites(Fort McMurray)(Great Value!)
US$115
Nomad Hotel and Suites(Fort McMurray)
US$122
Platinum Hotels(Fort McMurray)
US$152
US$139
Official Hotel
Clearwater Suite Hotel(Fort McMurray)
US$177
Agoda.com
US$195
US$167
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskunderground parkinghot tubamazing customer servicefast foodrooms are cleanfort macbooked this hotelextended stayfew monthsattached restaurantsitting areanice hotelrecommend this hotelpleasant staybusiness tripsmall kitchen
Reviewed 28 February 2013

The last 2 stays have been without any problem (I am there every month for 3 nights).
Earlier stays were less coordinated with my 3rd party payor. Computer system problems were previously obviously opaque to the reception staff trying to access info.
Best to book in advance for hotel accommodation, and for limo airport-hotel and return, by internet. Limo drivers are friendly, but verbal communication with the majority is very fragile, i.e., not reliablly understandable. Better would be communiciation by sms - readable - if possible.
The room, internet access speed, hotel room quality and reception staff accuracy have now improved to match better quality hotels at the same price level.
The hotel will hopefully continue to offer wired access internet - the service at much more acceptable speeds than wireless.
I will continue to choose this hotel vs alternate accomation with my 3rd party payor.

Room Tip: Wired internet is useful if higher speed is needed. Free-Weights are (were at least now) 20, the junpt to 45 lb - so top condition is best for weights in work-out room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Michel J, General Manager at Merit Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Fort McMurray

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I just spent two nights staying in the Merit Hotel in Ft. McMurray and have no complaints about the experience. The room I had on the third floor was clean and spacious, the bathroom was clean and well stocked and more importantly the bed was comfortable and provided a good nights' sleep. The front desk and housekeeping staff I had contact with were friendly and helpfull. The room rate is expensive compared to similar properties in other locations I visit, however, one needs to keep in mind that this is Ft. McMurray where high wages is the norm and accommodation generally appears to be scarce and like everywhere else, market forces will set the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Incompetent does not even begin to describe the hotel staff. During my stay, the front desk checked in four other guests to my room on four separate occasions. WHILE I WAS IN THERE! My coworker was at work, when this happened to him, and he came back to someone else checked into his room. How did the Merit fix this? Did they give him an upgrade? No. They put him in a lower class room. After arguing with the front desk staff, we finally had enough and both checked out and went to another hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Glenn T

I have shared your concerns with our Management Team, and I assure you we are working to ensure this is not repeated in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Cleanliness was on par with most places. The decor was out dated. Seriously, what was that big square box on the dresser?

The staff was a combination of incompetent and disgustingly snobby. Upon rounding a corner and slipping on the wet floor, I said wow, that's slippery. Staff member stated that's why there's signs. I said excuse me? She told me it's so if I slip its my own fault not the hotel.

I highly doubt that I will stay here again. This was a terrible excuse for a hotel. Merit hotels should be ashamed of this establishment.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry to hear you did not receive exceptional service, we will be replacing our TV's by new flat screen ones in a couple of months.
We have also have shared your concerns with our Management Team, and I assure you we are working to ensure this is not repeated in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Very unsatisfied with my stay. The front desk struggled with updating my address and shortly after one of the custodians was really rude as we'll not happy! The t.v is old as the hills my friend and I were waljing after we talked to the front desk we rounded a corner coming in contact with a slippery floor we stated that that was sluopery and one of the house staff said thats why there are signs so if you hurt yourself its your own fault. Busch league my friends

• Stayed: January 2013