“great stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

only been at fort mac murray twice but this stay was better than last. Besides the whole town being crazy expensive, the stay was good. rooms were quiet, comfortable, air conditioned, very clean, and everything worked. The elevator seemed a bit shaky but other than that it was all good. We ate in teh pub and food was good. Front desk was friendly and I got a smile from the housekeeper as well, which is usually rare amongst hotels. I would recommend this place to anyone headed to this town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

My company doing alot of work in fort mac and i been at podollan more than home the past few months. Beds are comfy as hell, tv works, internet works, place is clean and they serve free continental breakfast. Its all i need. The parking garage fits my truck, which dont happen often. Restaurant downstairs has good food and love the eye candy too. Jessa at front desk has the greatest smile! Thank you podollan for making my fort mac life easier to swallow.
Billy B

• Stayed June 2013
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I reviewed this hotel a while ago and was rung up by a nice lady who assured me that the internet was being sorted out. So I came back, I like the extra room for long stays. Guess what, internet still sucks, I complained about 6 months ago give or take.
I also specifically asked for a washer dryer...guess what? no washer dryer. Asked front desk yesterday to get one...guess what still no washer dryer today.
I work in the bush and come back at night soaking wet and stinking of muskeg. A washer is important to me.
So for the price and what is actually supplied a thumbs down. I have an antenna cable in my bedroom but no TV btw. They are trying to promote themselves as a long stay upmarket establishment but its a long stay, expensive tatty place with few amenities that are provided as advertised.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
London, AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Well, i'd like to start off this review by saying that I absolutley love this place. it is a very nice looking hotel in my opinion and and the room I stayed in was great! the bed was so comfortable, and when I left and came back my room was always so clean, and the front desk is always there to help you. and their so lovley when I needed them. I loved the fact that the grab' N' go breakfast is there, it's so convnient when I can't always get breakfast. I will definetly be coming to this Hotel more often, becasue it was a fantastic stay

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Camrose, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed here quiet a few times but sold out during week. Sometimes hard to get a room. Overall its a very good place. The front desk is always helpful, the rooms are always clean. Good tv and I love the beds, very comfy and for that reason hard to get out of. My boyfriend loves the place cuz he loves the pub downstairs.. It is good food and a lot of fun. continental was good, underground parking is nice, I feel safer when I don't have to park on street. I don't use internet very much but it worked everytime I needed it. Definitely will visit them again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Looks are deceiving.
When you arrive one is impressed by the luxurious looking rooms, however its not long before you realise you have been had.

Internet hardly ever works at all.
The parking garage constantly leaking towards wiring health and safety?
But most shockingly room cleaner just props your door open and leaves your room open the whole day I was gobsmacked my computer and belongings in view of the elevator!!
Talk about being sensitive to the security of customers belongings.
Towel rail keeps falling off the wall never fix.
Heating does not work.

4 Days without hot water !

Hey it's Fort Mcmurray and everyone needs a room so staff gives a toot, all to boot you get billed 250 a day the most expensive in town.

Our company and affiliates will NEVER make use of this 'establishment' again.
I travel all over the world, this was my worst experience ever.
I'm not the only after reading the other ratings.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

The leaking pipe in the underground parking garage at the Residence was the cause of the hot water and heating issues. Unfortunately the technician had unforeseen difficulties with the repairs, and it ended up taking three days for the new parts to be installed. During this time we offered to move guests to rooms at the Inn, and we provided additional guest rooms for showers.

On occasion the internet is inconsistent in Fort McMurray. It’s not isolated to our hotel, but we understand your frustration. We have the highest speed internet plan available and we also upgraded and added wireless access points in the fall of last year. We apologize for your stay as these were issues beyond our control. We hope you can email the GM at kevin@podollan.com and /or set up a phone conversation. Thank you again for your comments. We would like to welcome you and your co-workers to stay with us again soon.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

I stayed at the Podollan for 10 nights and I have no complains about the customer service they provided, especially about the front desk staff. I needed to get to the airport on my last day there and the cab never showed up. One of the front desk staff (Noel) was just finishing up his shift and he offered me a ride to the airport. If it wasn't for him, I would've probably missed my flight. That's what I call customer service! Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business