“TRAVELLER BE WARNED!!!”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Waterloo, ON
“TRAVELLER BE WARNED!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was honestly the worst hotel stay ever. I was politely asked to pack my things and leave the hotel at 11am even though I'd made reservations for a multi-night stay. Baffled, I'd asked what the problem was and they told me they had complaints about traffic to my room. I insisted they had the wrong room, offered to show them receipts from the restaurants and bar I had been to the previous evening, but they had no interest. I didn't have one person come to the hotel at any point.
If this wasn't enough, the hotel charged my credit card for the several-day stay I was supposed to have, and I'm still working between the hotel and bank to get my money back. They also added on a $200 deposit for the room - none of this was mentioned when I'd first checked in. Why would you charge a deposit when someone pays with a credit card???
If I could turn the clock back, I would. And don't get me started on how bad the rooms are compared to the pictures... You're better to sleep at the airport than to give these crooks your credit card info! Traveller be warned.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Mii2oo
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
This is an unfortunate incident. When it is believed that illegal activity had transpired or is about to occur, we ask for early departure. The credit card charge received was only for the one night stay. At check-in we do require a pre-authorization of a credit card for both the stay and a damage deposit. This is standard practice and the pre-authorization is cancelled at time of payment / check-out. The number of days the banking institution takes to make that credit is strictly their own policy. We do not require a pre-payment as a pre-authorization is sufficient and therefore nothing is charged to credit cards in advance.

In regards to your room, your one night stay went without any complaints to the front desk. We would hope that any complaints be brought forward to the front desk or manager at time of stay. The room you stayed in is a very popular room type that has received much positive feedback.

Kind regards and I wish you the best in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

this was the first hotel and only hotel i've stayed at in fort mcmurray, and i loved it. front desk were very friendly, and could answer any question i had. the manager was at the front desk as well when i checked in and he was also very useful and a really friendly guy, definitely knew what he was talking about. as for my room, the bed was very comfy and when i requested for thicker blankets the house keeping brought it to my room the next day which was very nice. wifi was a bit weak in some areas of the room but thats understandable because it can't be perfect. thank you for making my stay very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

I'd stayed at the podollan rez and the room i've got is very nice and spacious, the beds are comfy, nice tv and the housekeepers are so friendly with their smiles. Very clean room and smell fresh, internet are ok. I shall come back for sure and stay in this place again. Very quite and it was a nice stay. Recommended to my friends.

• Stayed September 2013
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It was by far the quietest room I have ever stayed in. Room was large and clean. The shower was huge with lots if hot water. Comfortable bed, a little on the soft side, but I like that and a good selection of pillows. Breakfast was average and parking was tight but underground. As with all Fort Mac hotels it is pricey but I am use to that. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Spent 6 days in fort McMurray. A friend of mine recommended the podollan. The room was spacious, I was in a one bedroom apartment style room at their Rez. It had everything I required plus more. Internet and tv worked fine. I just wish tv had a program guide. Rooms were spotless, I had a fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave even though I didn't use it. I liked the washer and dryer in my room, place was quiet and I slept well. Can't ask for much more. The price was average im told but my company paid so it didnt matter . I recommend this place to others. Will return when back here.

• Stayed July 2013
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

only been at fort mac murray twice but this stay was better than last. Besides the whole town being crazy expensive, the stay was good. rooms were quiet, comfortable, air conditioned, very clean, and everything worked. The elevator seemed a bit shaky but other than that it was all good. We ate in teh pub and food was good. Front desk was friendly and I got a smile from the housekeeper as well, which is usually rare amongst hotels. I would recommend this place to anyone headed to this town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

My company doing alot of work in fort mac and i been at podollan more than home the past few months. Beds are comfy as hell, tv works, internet works, place is clean and they serve free continental breakfast. Its all i need. The parking garage fits my truck, which dont happen often. Restaurant downstairs has good food and love the eye candy too. Jessa at front desk has the greatest smile! Thank you podollan for making my fort mac life easier to swallow.
Billy B