“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Podollan Inn

Podollan Inn
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Would recommend anyone to stay here!

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Customer service at it's best!
The room was (let's just say) more than comfortable and very clean.
The Pub in the hotel was equally as good. Service was great and the food was amazing!!!! Looking forward to returning.

It will be the ONLY hotel we stay at when travelling to Ft. Mac!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PLenart
kevin c, General Manager at Podollan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your response. Your kind words are appreciated and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud of the condition of our rooms being clean and comfortable and strive to provide the best customer experience we can. Indeed our staff being helpful and courteous plays a large role in that and it nice to hear when it is recognized. We thank you for that. The construction is in it's last stages and we are eager to showcase these rooms and renovations to our customers once complete. Thanks again and looking forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Kevin Cloutier

Reviewed 3 April 2014

During the cold winters in McMurray its always a pleasure to get into a warm vehicle. I stayed at the Pollodan since it opened and always had an excellent experince, the owner pick me from the airport in his SUV. The service is always great the beds are perfect, they have a varity of pillows so you could choose what fits the best, just like sleeping at home. The food and service in the Pub is a good place to relax and enjoy a good meal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
kevin c, General Manager at Podollan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are pleased that you enjoy the heated underground parking and have experienced the owners passion for good customer service. Even though his driving foot is known to be a bit heavy at times, I trust the ride was comfortable. The beds and pillows were chosen for their comfort and we are glad that you enjoy them. The pub is a local hotspot for great food and service and we are proud when we hear customers give great feedback. Again, thank you and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The Podollan Inn is a perfect location to access the lower bench (old Downtown) and now very easy to get to the upper bench of Fort McMurray. The rooms are well kept but also extremely comfortable (bed and pillows are better than home!).

The amenities are also excellent. Food: the continental breakfast is a crisp way to start your day - fully stocked with whatever your palate desires. The Podlloan Pub has a wide variety of options and everything I had during my stay was stellar. It also boasts what several locals claimed was the best Steak Sandwich in town!

The Podollan Inn did not have a workout facility on-site but the staff will provide you a day pass to the MacDonald Island Park Recreation Centre (2 minute drive from the Hotel) - a relatively new state of the art facility that is family friendly with everything and anything you might need from a fitness or leisure perspective.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Fort McMurray is a working town, not a vacation destination. That being said, the Podollan Inn is comfortable, clean, and employs friendly and helpful staff, exactly what one needs after a hard day's work. The rooms are well-appointed, have flat screen televisions, and the free internet is a rarity amongst business class hotels. The spa toiletries in the bathrooms are also a nice touch (subtle advertising for Podollan's luxury L-Spa in Grande Prairie). The Podollan Pub, located in the lobby, seems to be a centre of enjoyable nightlife for Fort McMurray and many locals frequent it (which is a good sign). It's also fantastic to see Podollan employ many new residents of Canada who are up north seeking a better life in the booming oil economy.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a kitchenette to make your stay more comfortable. The pub downstairs serves g...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Was in town for a Xmas party in the Pub. Our company had the banquet room rented out for our party. I came here because it was obviously convenient but really enjoyed the stay. Checkin was quick and easy, clerk at front desk was helpful. We had a king room and it was great, very clean room, shower was huge, the beds were tough to leave as they so comfortable. There was kitchenette in room that I didn't need but nice to have. TV was good and clear. I can only talk positive , it was all good. Checkout was express. Was nice to have underground parking. . I'm a very pleased customer and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was honestly the worst hotel stay ever. I was politely asked to pack my things and leave the hotel at 11am even though I'd made reservations for a multi-night stay. Baffled, I'd asked what the problem was and they told me they had complaints about traffic to my room. I insisted they had the wrong room, offered to show them receipts from the restaurants and bar I had been to the previous evening, but they had no interest. I didn't have one person come to the hotel at any point.
If this wasn't enough, the hotel charged my credit card for the several-day stay I was supposed to have, and I'm still working between the hotel and bank to get my money back. They also added on a $200 deposit for the room - none of this was mentioned when I'd first checked in. Why would you charge a deposit when someone pays with a credit card???
If I could turn the clock back, I would. And don't get me started on how bad the rooms are compared to the pictures... You're better to sleep at the airport than to give these crooks your credit card info! Traveller be warned.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Mii2oo
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

This is an unfortunate incident. When it is believed that illegal activity had transpired or is about to occur, we ask for early departure. The credit card charge received was only for the one night stay. At check-in we do require a pre-authorization of a credit card for both the stay and a damage deposit. This is standard practice and the pre-authorization is cancelled at time of payment / check-out. The number of days the banking institution takes to make that credit is strictly their own policy. We do not require a pre-payment as a pre-authorization is sufficient and therefore nothing is charged to credit cards in advance.

In regards to your room, your one night stay went without any complaints to the front desk. We would hope that any complaints be brought forward to the front desk or manager at time of stay. The room you stayed in is a very popular room type that has received much positive feedback.

Kind regards and I wish you the best in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

this was the first hotel and only hotel i've stayed at in fort mcmurray, and i loved it. front desk were very friendly, and could answer any question i had. the manager was at the front desk as well when i checked in and he was also very useful and a really friendly guy, definitely knew what he was talking about. as for my room, the bed was very comfy and when i requested for thicker blankets the house keeping brought it to my room the next day which was very nice. wifi was a bit weak in some areas of the room but thats understandable because it can't be perfect. thank you for making my stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business