I lived in McMurray for a number of years and am still back there regularly. On this visit I decided to forgo my usual hotel standbys in Gregoire for something downtown.
I stayed in the Inn, not the Rez.
The pluses for the Podollan include its location (getting on/off 63 is super convenient and there are lots of places to eat nearby), the underground parking (as much because of the 'hood as the winter weather), and the relatively new renovations. The staff is friendly and if you don't want to go far the restaurant is good. I suppose the view of the dealers and users behind BPs could be a plus or a minus--welcome to downtown McMurray.
Unfortunately the renovations were done on the cheap, and it shows. The soundproofing is poor. In my room you couldn't turn the shower on without water pouring out into the bathroom. The shower itself was a cheap Rona/Home Depot fibreglass pan which was not supported underneath and flexed under load (I weigh under 150 lbs) and was slippery as heck. The furniture in the room was the cheapest particle board stuff you could dream up, and there was no dresser in which to put clothes. I travel a lot and don't like to have to literally live out of my case.
The absolute deal breaker for me was the noise. I had a room above the entrance (with the big windows) and the street noise at night between the bars and the cars booming along Franklin was unbearable. The AC unit was also the loudest I've encountered. Even on low, with only the fan running, it was difficult to hear the TV. It did at least block out the street noise.
If you enjoy a good nights sleep this is not the place, unless you happen to have hearing damage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Podollan Inn features 62 individually decorated guest suites, The Podollan Inn goes beyond the standards expected of a five-star facility. Onsite amenities include a bar/restaurant and dining room as well as fully licensed room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Podollan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Podollan Inn & Rez Hotel Fort Mcmurray
- Podollan Inn And Rez
- Podollan Inn Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada