“Best hotel in Fort McMurray”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I had a one night stay at the Radisson when I was in Fort McMurray for work. It was quiet on a weekend and the hotel seemed less than 1/3 full. The front desk clerk upgraded me immediately when I mentioned that I was still looking for a regular hotel in Fort McMurray.

Rooms were large and clean, as was the washroom. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Service in Fort Mac is hit and miss --it's either terrific or non-existent. It was a nice touch that the hotel provides fresh baked cookies in mid afternoon. The bed was comfortable and the hotel seemed quiet during my stay.

The food in the lounge was decent, though not remarkable. On a Friday evening, the lounge was relatively empty but there was a helpful server/bartender on shift.

My only complaint was the free wi-fi signal was weak, regardless of the time of day.

All told, this is the best of the lot in Fort McMurray. If you're looking for a quiet and comfortable stay in Fort Mac, this is your hotel.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Manager033, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated.
I was pleased to hear that our team was able to surprise you with the upgrade.
It gives you an oppotunity to check out the many room types that we have available here at the Hotel.
I apologize for the inconvenience with the internet, I was curious to know if you made the team aware - the reason I say that is because we offer both hard wired and wireless...just in case there is an issue....as a corporate hotel the internet is a crucial element to any guests stay.
If your travels bring you back to our location please let me know.
by contacting me at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com

Reviewed 30 March 2011

We stayed here again in February. As we expected the hotel didn't disappoint with good clean rooms, friendly professional staff, and a decent room rate for Fort Mac. Free newspapers and cookies at the front desk are bonuses. It's clear that all staff take customer service very seriously. They go of their way to ensure the hotel and rooms are kept in great shape & all guests are treated well; congratulations to all of them. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: 10% discount at attached restaurant.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Buffalo429

Thank you very much for your kind comments !
They are appreciated and shared with our entire team.
We take pride in our hotel and the services that we provide and it is nice to hear when a guest appreciates the little changes we make to ensure they feel welcomed and they feel at home.
If I can offer any assistance on a return visit please do not hesitate to let me know personally at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com

Reviewed 13 February 2011

- great hotel but expensive (265$/night)
- great staff
-good business center and printers
- pub-restaurant attached to the hotel
-10% discount at the restaurant when you stay at Radisson

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Manager033, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2011

Thank you for the comments on your recent stay, please get in touch with either myself at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com or Jenelle at rdm@radissonfortmcmurray.com and we would be happy to set up a negotiated rate for you that would be on file for any future reservation that you may have.
We want to make it as easy for you as we possibly can and the rate issue is something we would be glad to discuss.

Reviewed 2 January 2011

well where do I start, its not my favorite place to come, but if you must come up north, this is the hotel I would reccomend. service is fantastic, people are great, and the rooms are next to none. this is a must see for yourself. Oh and the desk staff go out of their way to help you in the best ways they can. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Business_Wheels
Manager033, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2011

Thank you very much for your kind comments, they are appreciated and will be passed along to everyone on our team.
We appreciate the time you took to write your review on our Hotel, it gives us another tool to use to make the changes that our guests ask for.
If on a return visit I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to let me know
by contacting me directly at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com

Reviewed 15 December 2010

Friendly people
Same prices as other hotels in town, but with nice extra touches
Very surprised for this city given what we heard but this place would stand up to edmonton or calgary hotels...
Restaurant and bar is very busy.....at times you will wait but i have to say
the food very good...
At least i know when we go back I will honestly look forward to our stay at the hotel

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Manager033, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2010

Thank you very much for your kind words, they are appreciated not only by myself but by each and every person on our team.
We take all comments, both good and bad, and share them with our teams to see where it is that we can not only improve but exceed your expectations on a future stay with us.
We continue to change, adding new features like the fresh fruit and warm cookies as our way of saying thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs.
2011 will bring new and exciting changes to the Radisson Hotel & Suites, Fort McMurray so that we can in turn better serve you, our guests.
If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.
gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com

Reviewed 9 December 2010

We've stayed three weekends in the past year. The service has been good, the rooms clean and the beds very comfy. It's very quiet and uncrowded on Fri./Sat. nights - hardly anyone is there. The only fault we found was that on one visit one of the sleep number beds didn't work ... so they upgraded our room at no charge the next visit. We have found the rooms can be a bit hot, even in winter, but it's controllable with the heater/air conditioner. The pool and hot tub are great. Can't comment on the restaurant since we've not eaten there. There are free papers in the lobby each morning.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review on the Radisson Hotel & Suites, Fort McMurray.
We, each and every staff member on our team take great pride in our Hotel, we do so knowing that you have many many lodging choices when you visit Fort McMurray.
I do apologize that you experienced a problem with your sleep number bed that we were unable to resolve. The Sleep Number Bed is actually a Radisson hallmark so I am disappointed that you did not experience what others rave about.
What I would love to do for you is this, if your travels bring you back to our area be it for sports or otherwise please let me know so that we can upgrade your room to a Platinum Suite free of charge.
Contact me directly at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com

Reviewed 21 November 2010

We stayed at the Radisson in Fort Mac while staying overnight on a short visit. The rooms were clean and modern, with a fridge and coffee maker. The biggest highlight was the sleep number bed, which we all had fun fiddling with. These beds do truly allow you to get very comfortable when you sleep. The fitness centre was well-equipped with water, towels, 2 TVs and a mix of cardio and strength equipment (but no free weights, unfortunately). The pool looked okay, but the hot tub jets weren't working while we stayed which was unfortunate. The hotel is about a 5 or 10 minute drive from downtown, south of the city and very close to the Oil Sands Discovery Centre. It was the cheapest hotel I found online, and well worth the money for the fact that it was located in Fort McMurray. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends

The team and I appreciate your comments along with your kind words.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your visit to Fort McMurray and our Hotel.
I wanted to let you know that there are plans in 2011 for major changes to our fitness center that will address both the comfort of the fitness center itself as well as the addition of free weights.
If your travels bring you back to the area and there is anything I can do to help, please let me know directly at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com