“Excellent Staff!”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Excellent Staff!”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I have stayed in many of the hotels in Fort McMurray, over the past year, but none exceed the industry standard like the Radisson. The management and staff have always made my stays relaxing and enjoyable and made me feel like family. I am currently staying at the Radisson and even during the extensive renovations, the rooms are very clean, quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter and the pool and hot tub expected to be open after the renovatio...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Glenn T
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are striving to minimize the impact from our now nearly complete renovations, and I am glad that this ongoing work did not taint your experience.

I hope to see you again when our renovations are complete in March, and wish you good travels!

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Redwood Meadows
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Nice hotel, great restaurant/lounge but with snow on the ground outside I had to run the a/c to keep the room at about 70 degrees. Sleep numbers beds are interesting, not sure that they are any better than a conventional mattress.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 October 2012

The Radisson name to me means expect a fair, midrange, small town hotel, with some creature comforts. But this hotel is not living up to those expectations. The hotel is dirty, everywhere, and I know this is a town where the mud flies and it is not easy to keep clean. But hair in the sink and pieces of small lint and paper on the floor in my room means no one has cleaned. The hotel lobby, the rooms, the bar, the restaurant are consistently drab, dirty and uninviting. The catering staff dress like they are doing business elsewhere in the hotel, and the food is plain. This is not the best this town has to offer, and they are living off the reputation of the Radisson name. I would not return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sola123
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you so much for providing feedback about your stay at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray. We sincerely apologize that your stay was so much less than you expected from a Radisson brand hotel. Please contact us at ccare@carlsonrezidor.com to further discuss your stay. ~Deanna
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I have stayed at the Raddison hotel in Fort Mcmurray twice and it was the best one out of the 3 that I stayed at. Bathroom had granite countertop, Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Friendly Staff too.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We are very proud of our staff, and are always glad to hear this from our guests as well.

Safe travels, and hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My project manager booked me into a double room, and I was supposed to be there for 10 days. The room was huge and lonely. I ended up finding a much better deal at a nearby hotel and was upgraded to a suite, so and left early.

That being said, my visit in the Radisson was nearly unremarkable due to it's adequacy. Cleanliness, customer service and sleep met expectations, and that makes for a boring review.

HOWEVER their pool was pretty fun and their slide helped me feel like a kid again. In a town where there's nothing to do, Radisson has got you covered.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Unfortunately I had an awful experience at this location. The floors in my room were sticks, there was food and who knows what else on the walls, all the fitness equipment was broken, except for one piece, and that was filthy. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable, so much so that I checked out before 5am as I could not sleep.This hotel is not well cared for in my opinion.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rpm42
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Thank you very much for your comments, although very disheartening to hear, I can assure you that we are following up on the comments reagrding the rooms cleanliness very seriously. This is not only a surprising comment, but obviously far below what we aim to provide for a guest experience.

As to the overall conditions of the hotel, I can assure you that in the short time we have been managing this property we have been planning an extensive renovation, and replacement of the fitness center equipment and beds are top items on this agenda. We expect this to be completed very soon, and in the meantime have been dilligent in repairing the existing equipment, and I appologize if some of this was missed during your stay.

I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you about this, and show you that we are sincere in our 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee.

Yours in Hospitality,

Mark Perry
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I've stayed at the Radisson before and the experience has been usually good.

This time, I was very dissapointed. The room that I got was a smoking room. I booked online and wasn't informed that it was smoking. I am a non-smoker and I was not happy with it.

The staff tried to find another room for me, but there was none available as the hotel was full that night (wednesday). The room reeked of smoke and I had no place to go. They volunteered to find me another hotel, but there was no good hotels with any vacancy. I was not going to stay at a roach motel so I stayed.

Next, the fridge in my room did not work. I had gone to the grocery store to buy some snacks to put in the fridge. When the room attendant came to see what happened, he confirmed it was broken. Since there were no free rooms, they couldnt swap me any free fridges.

I had to bring my stuff to the front desk for them to put it in their staff fridge.

Through this whole ordeal, the staff was very friendly. There was never any problem with the service I received.

I'm quite dissapointed that this hotel still allows smoking rooms. It definetley brings down the experience for visiting guests and makes the hotel seem like it has lower standards.

In the future, I do not think that I will stay at the Radisson based on this experience.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about non-smoking rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you very much for your comments, and while I am glad that our staff tried everything they could to recover from these unfortunate events, I apologize that any of them happened in the first place.

I am pleased to be able to tell you that we will be undergoing significant renovations through the next 12 months, and among many improvements that will be made, our existing inventory of smoking rooms is slated to be removed and converted to non-smoking rooms.

As a further result of your comments we have ordered some back-up firdge and microwave units, in case this kind of thing should ever happen again.

Thank you again, and I hope that we might see you here in the future, where perhaps we can make up for this series of unfortunate events.

Yours in Hospitality,