“10 day business stay”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Toronto, Canada
“10 day business stay”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I recently stayed at the Radisson hotel for 10 days for work in Fort McMurray. I’d been to the hotel before its renovations and boy-oh-boy what a change!

The hotel has had a complete inside facelift and it now looks modern and new. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help, and provide lots of great support when I was asking about the city, places to eat, etc.

Room: I was in the king suite that was very nicely decorated and again looked and felt very new and modern. The ‘kitchen’ facilities were minimal at best (small bar fridge and microwave), but the coffee maker and free coffee was good. There was a ‘living room / office’ area that had a couch, coffee table, chair & desk, and flat screen TV. An archway separates the living room and bedroom. Bedroom had a king size bed, two night stands, a dresser, flat screen TV, and ottoman.

Positives: Spacious room, comfortable bed, nice blinds / drapery, new TV’s, excellent housekeeping (I even got some towel animals for a few days!).

Negatives: Basic cable (could not even rent movies from my room), very low water pressure, conditioner (for any women with long or thick hair, bring your own conditioner! The house brand at the hotel is TERRIBLE… leaves a filmy residue, left my hair super tangled and just gross).

All in all, I would recommend the hotel and would stay there again when I return to Fort Mac.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor (5th floor) were very nice and quiet, however the water pressure was VERY...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveling_Tash
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
It is extremely gratifying to hear your positive comments on the results of our renovations, and your experience with our staff. I am glad the shortfalls did not ruin this experience for you, but want you to be aware that we are doing everything in our power to fix these issues as quickly as possible. We are in the process of installing a booster pump for our water pressure, as currently the pressure from the city system is insufficient for our needs, although this only recently came to our attention. The TV channel issue is also a short term item as we go through some compatibility challenges with the recent Shaw Digital Upgrade. Thanks again, for all your comments, as we do not know how to ensure the best guest experience, without this feedback.

I hope you enjoy the Summer!

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Our company frequently stays at the Radisson Hotel and Suites in Fort McMurray. The staff at this hotel are amazing and they go above and beyond to meet our demanding hotel needs! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that requires a corporate hotel account in Fort Mac. We often require multiple rooms for both long and short durations, and frequently need to book these rooms on short notice. On the rare instances that the Radisson cannot accomodate our needs, they are more than helpful in trying to find alternate arrangements for us.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Donalco
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words!

We strive to ensure all our guests and corporate clients experience this level of hospitality, and thank you so much for letting us know when we have succeeded as well and how we can improve.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stay in hotels quite often for business in alberta, sask, and bc and this is by far my favourite hotel. Always clean, quite and very nice staff. I liked their sleep number beds so much I bought one for myself.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bergkatse
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you very much!

We are so proud of our hotel, our staff, and our reputation.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the world!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The new renovations look wonderful! You almost forget you are in Fort McMurray!

I have been coming to Fort McMurray on and off for a few years and I have always enjoyed the Radisson. The building was nice before, but becoming slightly dated but the new renovations are really impressive. The staff are always really friendly and helpful, something that is hard to find in Fort McMurray sometimes!

I was really wow-ed by the cookies and popcorn in the lobby... such a nice touch after a long day at work.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel is a bit quieter than the front side!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John L
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Thank you so much!

We are so proud of our team, and so proud of our "new" hotel!

Everyone is so excited to hear this feedback on all the recent work!

Thank you!

Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I have stayed in many of the hotels in Fort McMurray, over the past year, but none exceed the industry standard like the Radisson. The management and staff have always made my stays relaxing and enjoyable and made me feel like family. I am currently staying at the Radisson and even during the extensive renovations, the rooms are very clean, quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter and the pool and hot tub expected to be open after the renovatio...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Glenn T
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are striving to minimize the impact from our now nearly complete renovations, and I am glad that this ongoing work did not taint your experience.

I hope to see you again when our renovations are complete in March, and wish you good travels!

Redwood Meadows
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Nice hotel, great restaurant/lounge but with snow on the ground outside I had to run the a/c to keep the room at about 70 degrees. Sleep numbers beds are interesting, not sure that they are any better than a conventional mattress.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 October 2012

The Radisson name to me means expect a fair, midrange, small town hotel, with some creature comforts. But this hotel is not living up to those expectations. The hotel is dirty, everywhere, and I know this is a town where the mud flies and it is not easy to keep clean. But hair in the sink and pieces of small lint and paper on the floor in my room means no one has cleaned. The hotel lobby, the rooms, the bar, the restaurant are consistently drab, dirty and uninviting. The catering staff dress like they are doing business elsewhere in the hotel, and the food is plain. This is not the best this town has to offer, and they are living off the reputation of the Radisson name. I would not return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sola123
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you so much for providing feedback about your stay at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray. We sincerely apologize that your stay was so much less than you expected from a Radisson brand hotel. Please contact us at ccare@carlsonrezidor.com to further discuss your stay. ~Deanna