“Nice hotel, would recommend”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Edmonton, Canada
“Nice hotel, would recommend”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed at the Radisson in Fort McMurray for about 20 days while here on business. The atmosphere is quite lovely, front desk staff was always friendly and helpful. Rooms are huge, cozy and clean. The only "complaint" I have is the lighting is a bit rough but that's such a minor issue. Price was affordable. I definitely will be staying here again in the future and will recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Because it is for McMurray, make sure you book well in advance especially if planning to stay during...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kattalack
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, and we all look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I reviewed this hotel 7 months ago, and it wasn't a flattering review. I spoke to the general manager, who listened to my concerns and told me they would be renovating. He actually contacted me again last month to let me know that they finished the reno and invited me back. I decided to give them another shot, due to the communication with their gm and his sincerity. I stayed there for three nights and found the room to be very nice and clean. The beds were comfortable and everything had been spruced up. The staff were amazing, very friendly and always attentive. The gym facitities had been overhauled and everything was in working order. I will certainly be staying here for my future visits, which are frequent. Thanks again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rpm42
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Thank you again for coming back and seeing the results of all of our hard work. I am so glad to hear this feedback, it really helps us stay on track with the positive changes in our Guest Service, and reinforces the decision to have invested so much into the renovations.

Without open and honest feedback from our clients we would not have been able to accomplish any of this, and so thank you for helping us build a hotel and a service culture we can be proud of.

Mark,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I recently stayed at the Radisson hotel for 10 days for work in Fort McMurray. I’d been to the hotel before its renovations and boy-oh-boy what a change!

The hotel has had a complete inside facelift and it now looks modern and new. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help, and provide lots of great support when I was asking about the city, places to eat, etc.

Room: I was in the king suite that was very nicely decorated and again looked and felt very new and modern. The ‘kitchen’ facilities were minimal at best (small bar fridge and microwave), but the coffee maker and free coffee was good. There was a ‘living room / office’ area that had a couch, coffee table, chair & desk, and flat screen TV. An archway separates the living room and bedroom. Bedroom had a king size bed, two night stands, a dresser, flat screen TV, and ottoman.

Positives: Spacious room, comfortable bed, nice blinds / drapery, new TV’s, excellent housekeeping (I even got some towel animals for a few days!).

Negatives: Basic cable (could not even rent movies from my room), very low water pressure, conditioner (for any women with long or thick hair, bring your own conditioner! The house brand at the hotel is TERRIBLE… leaves a filmy residue, left my hair super tangled and just gross).

All in all, I would recommend the hotel and would stay there again when I return to Fort Mac.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor (5th floor) were very nice and quiet, however the water pressure was VERY...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveling_Tash
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
It is extremely gratifying to hear your positive comments on the results of our renovations, and your experience with our staff. I am glad the shortfalls did not ruin this experience for you, but want you to be aware that we are doing everything in our power to fix these issues as quickly as possible. We are in the process of installing a booster pump for our water pressure, as currently the pressure from the city system is insufficient for our needs, although this only recently came to our attention. The TV channel issue is also a short term item as we go through some compatibility challenges with the recent Shaw Digital Upgrade. Thanks again, for all your comments, as we do not know how to ensure the best guest experience, without this feedback.

I hope you enjoy the Summer!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Our company frequently stays at the Radisson Hotel and Suites in Fort McMurray. The staff at this hotel are amazing and they go above and beyond to meet our demanding hotel needs! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that requires a corporate hotel account in Fort Mac. We often require multiple rooms for both long and short durations, and frequently need to book these rooms on short notice. On the rare instances that the Radisson cannot accomodate our needs, they are more than helpful in trying to find alternate arrangements for us.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Donalco
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words!

We strive to ensure all our guests and corporate clients experience this level of hospitality, and thank you so much for letting us know when we have succeeded as well and how we can improve.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stay in hotels quite often for business in alberta, sask, and bc and this is by far my favourite hotel. Always clean, quite and very nice staff. I liked their sleep number beds so much I bought one for myself.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bergkatse
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you very much!

We are so proud of our hotel, our staff, and our reputation.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the world!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The new renovations look wonderful! You almost forget you are in Fort McMurray!

I have been coming to Fort McMurray on and off for a few years and I have always enjoyed the Radisson. The building was nice before, but becoming slightly dated but the new renovations are really impressive. The staff are always really friendly and helpful, something that is hard to find in Fort McMurray sometimes!

I was really wow-ed by the cookies and popcorn in the lobby... such a nice touch after a long day at work.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel is a bit quieter than the front side!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John L
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Thank you so much!

We are so proud of our team, and so proud of our "new" hotel!

Everyone is so excited to hear this feedback on all the recent work!

Thank you!

Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I have stayed in many of the hotels in Fort McMurray, over the past year, but none exceed the industry standard like the Radisson. The management and staff have always made my stays relaxing and enjoyable and made me feel like family. I am currently staying at the Radisson and even during the extensive renovations, the rooms are very clean, quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter and the pool and hot tub expected to be open after the renovatio...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Glenn T
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are striving to minimize the impact from our now nearly complete renovations, and I am glad that this ongoing work did not taint your experience.

I hope to see you again when our renovations are complete in March, and wish you good travels!