“Best I've Found in Fort McMurray”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Edmonton, Canada
“Best I've Found in Fort McMurray”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I spent a week here for work. It's the fourth place I've tried in town, and the first one I'm excited about going back to.

My room was clean, modern, and spacious. I found the rooms well insulated from neighbours. I'm a light sleeper, and I never heard anyone else in the hallways or above or below me. The free wifi was more than adequate. The bed was comfortable. All my encounters with the staff were positive. The workout room is one of the best I have seen in a chain hotel. The cardio machines (3 treadmills, 1 bike, and 2 ellipticals) are gym quality, and each have their own individual TV's. There is a good selection of dumbbells and a good quality universal machine.

There were a couple things I didn't like about this hotel. I wish the room price included breakfast. I work for a not-for-profit company, and my daily meal allowance can't survive too many $18 breakfasts. The hot tub was out of order the whole time I was there, which wasn't a big deal for me, but if I was traveling with my family, we'd have been sad.

My biggest complaint was with the pillows. I assume those sleep number beds cost a fortune, and they certainly are comfortable. They've paired those nice mattresses with the worst selection of pillows I've ever seen. There are two giant decorative ones per bed that are no use for sleeping, and then two floppy, miserable little pillows that you can use. I'll bring my own next time.

Regardless, this was the best value I've found it town. I've paid far more for inferior rooms here.

Room Tip: It was super cold while I was here. Trucks idle all night outside. I'd ask for a room higher up...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Michel J, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am sorry you did not like our pillows, we may look into having a couple of choices our guest can choose from soon.
Thanks again and hope to see you soon in Fort McMurray.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wainwright
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stay there for work. Great hotel. Clean and nice staff. It is expensive through the week, but weekends are less. That's fort Mac for you. Great lounge and restaurant there and Macdonalds nereby. Staff checked up that everything was good which is very nice

Room Tip: All seem good
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Mark P, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your last visit.
We will make sure we pass along your appreciation for our staff and the restaurant.
We hope to see you soon!
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

After staying several times in the Sawridge hotel, which i liked, I decided to try another place in this very busy and overpriced city. Radisson hotel is closer to down-town and the price is comparable, while having a larger gym and swimming pool. I am glad for this change: the King Premium room is large, very nice and well furnished, the personnel is courteous and welcoming. The dining room/restaurant, although small cubicles and sport TV orientated has a good menu and the food was pleasant: Cheddar and Jalapeños Bomb (entry) and 12 once Rib-eye steak to my liking. The French chief takes the time to visit the customers and waitresses are attentive to your needs.

I will come back there.

Room Tip: One or Two, take the King Premium rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you very much for your response! We are very proud of our tradition of exceeding our Guest expectations, and thank you for mentioning our award winning restaurant PRIME Social Kitchen!

I can honestly say I am addicted to the Jalapeno Cheddar Bombs, and might recommend trying the deep fried pickles (sounds weird, amazingly good!)

Thanks again, and see you next time!

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

When traveling to Fort McMurray Alberta, a comfortable and clean hotel is required. I travel here 4 - 5 times a year for business. I have tried a variety of hotels in the city. This one has proven time and time again to be very consistent. Clean rooms, quiet hallways and good restaurant and great bar/pub atmosphere. I must recommend that you book at least 2 -3 weeks before your required travel. I continually will go back to this Radisson in Fort McMurray.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you very much! Both for your comments, and your continued business!

We of course pride ourselves on our customer focus, but knowing the impact it has on our Guests gives it real meaning to the team.

Feedback like this helps us keep the whole team motivated to exceed expectations, and for that, I sincerely thank you.

See you soon!
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Anyone that has needed to book a room in Fort McMurray, already knows the surprise upon first hearing the prices for rooms. Once the sticker shock is over, this hotel is worth the price! The staff would make any hotel property feel better because they are so welcoming. The rooms are definitely Radisson all the way and comfort is the name of the game. The bed mattresses are adjustable and almost lull you to sleep. The hotel is ultra clean though for some strange reason, the hotel hallways are kept at an almost unimaginable 18 degrees. Somewhat noticeable when you first check in BUT, very noticeable after the morning workout. This property is at the top of the south hill (as you drive in from the airport) and not in the downtown area so if your business is in the heart of Fort McMurray, you will require a cab. Book the hotel, bite the cost and enjoy a well earned restful sleep.

Room Tip: Grab a cover-up for when your workout is finished. You will need the extra warmth in the hallways!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, and please be assured we try to keep our public areas at a comfortable temperature but the quick changes in the weather this time of year sometimes throws us for a loop!

I cannot think of a greater compliment in Fort McMurray than to be "Worth the Price", though perhaps only fellow travellers to the area can fully appreciate the value that represents.

Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

The staff at this hotel are beyond incredible. They are so friendly and seem to really enjoy their jobs. I just loved sitting back and watching them happily interact among themselves and customers. It was refreshing to see such a healthy work environment. The pool and watel slide is too good

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 465Ray1234
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you very much for your comments!

We really do love our jobs, and we love our hotel!

We are so proud to be here, and to have such wonderful guests!

Thanks!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I m a frequent traveler and stay at multiple hotel chains (Marriott, IHG, Choice - Platinum, Club Carlson, Hilton - Gold member) almost on a daily basis. I know when customer service stands out! I have stayed here now almost 7 stays( multiple nights). We can always find during our travel, that we find some people very nice and good. The unique thing about the team here is that, not only few members are nice and courteous, but the entire team is. Starting with their GM Mark, FOM Bethany, Sales office - Alicia, Front office staff - Brian, Lexy, Carmela, Angie and all others...., Maintenance guys, Cleaning ladies etc These folks carry a genuine customer service attitude. They attend to customer's needs with a pleasing smile, courteousness and professionalism. Radisson must commend this team and recognize this team for their outstanding customer service. Nice job Radisson!
Cheers,
Vish

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Mark P, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you very much for your comments!

The entire team here is so proud to have made an impact like this. It is this kind of response to our Guest Service that we aim for, and thank you very much for sharing this with the world!