“Decent, friendly staff, clean”

Vantage Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Prices are not horrendous (for Ft. Mac), and complimentary continental is satisfactory.
Mattress was better than normal at a hotel. Room was also a good size. It is basic in many ways, but like another reviewer said, we were pleasantly surprised.
By the way, the front desk and housekeeping staff were extremely friendly and hospitable.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Shannon E, General Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

I’d like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Vantage Inn & Suites.
I am very happy to hear that the staff has made a good impression! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff members. I am also glad to hear that you found our beds comfortable. Being a home away from home is one of our goals. We hope to see you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Vantage Inn & Suites

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Although initially nervous about the prospect of staying here after reading some negative reviews, and i was pleasantly surprised after my stay. Although not 'the Ritz' and looking a bit dated, the staff were polite and friendly, and my room was extremely comfortable, quiet and clean. There isn't a huge selection of hotels in Fort McMurray to choose from, but after my first visit i would certainly be happy to return.

Location isn't ideal for nightlife / food (on the outskirts of town), but for those who are venturing to the nearby project sites i doubt this will make a huge impact

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Shannon E, General Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Valued guest,
I would first like to thank you for the kind words! Good customer service is always a number one priority at the Vantage Inn and Suites. I will pass your compliments on to our customer service agents as well as our cleaning staff.
If you do return to our location in the future, please feel free to chat with our agents about restaurants and pubs near our location. We enjoy the conversation and assisting our guest’s to enjoying our town!

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I spent a week in this hotel last year and enjoyed it. The suite contained a fridge and microwave, large desk for getting work done, and ugly furniture. I slept fine and didn't miss it.

Cleanliness was fine. The continental breakfast was filling but uninspired. Parking was free, as well as the internet, but they didn't have WIFI, just hard connections, which was also fine. The front lobby is small and uninviting. They offered free printing, which was nice.

This is what I call a 'lego' hotel, prefab and utilitarian. It has no soul. Realistically, it's a 2 1/2 to 3 star. However, I got a great price (approx $100/day) so I'm upping the rating because of the great value.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to review your stay, your opinions are important to us. I am glad that the rate satisfied you, as we know how expensive Fort McMurray is. I am, however, sad to hear that your stay was only mediocre. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests, which is why this review is very helpful to us.

I am happy to announce that we have made some upgrades this year. We have updated the décor in our lobby, adding new furniture and a fresh coat of warm toned paint, hopefully making it more inviting to our guests. We have also upgraded our internet services to wireless, which is an amenity that we are excited about. We have also upgraded 19 of our suites with stove tops, new flat screen televisions, and a more modern look. In the New Year we also plan on upgrading our other suites to a more modern look. We are also currently looking into expanding our breakfast options.

I would once again like to thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. If you return to Fort McMurray, I would like to invite you to come and see the new improvements at the Vantage Inn and Suites.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I travel often with my job but this was my first time in Fort McMurray overnight. The beds are old and so is the bedding. I haven't stayed in a hotel that has a "hide the stains" bed spread cover in a long time and was even more disgusted to find a gross beige flannel type blanket underneath it as opposed to a white conforter. I was placed on the main floor in rooms that are open to animals and it smelt like it too, when I requested to move to a different floor/non animal room I was told there were no rooms available. I guess I live and learn and will just have to request a budget increase for hotels when staying in Fort McMurray over night to get the qualitiy I am accustomed to.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Shannon E, General Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and bring these concerns to my attention. We should have moved you to another room that would have met your expectation, we let you down and for that I apologize. This is not the level of service we strive to provide. This review will be shared with the entire team and the necessary re-training will take place to make sure our guest needs are taken care of immediately. Our Hotel is scheduled for upgrade plan for later this year, including new bedding. I hope you give us another opportunity to welcome you back. Please feel free to call me directly for any future reservations.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I am an independent (female) consultant and was a bit nervous about going to Fort McMurray on my own. I was a little skeptical of the hotel in spite of the good reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was warm, clean and safe seeming. Unlike the other hotel I stayed at the only other time I was in FMM, I didn't feel awkward here about being a girl. In fact, at breakfast there seemed to be several other females staying there too. So if you are looking for a hotel that is girl-friendly, I'd recommend this one.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Quiet hotel, but the it stinks! The corridors have a smell of smoke, or something like that, and the rooms also, although it was a non-smoking room. May be because pets are allowed and the cleanliness was not so great. Common continental breakfast. May be could not expect that much for a hotel in a oil city...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2010

As a previous employee in the hotel industry, I have become quite picky about where I stay. I've stayed in large 5 star chains and barely 1 stars out of the country. I was at the Vantage Inn & Suites in February 2010 and was extremely pleased! The room was immaculate, the staff were super friendly, breakfast was the best continental breakfast I've seen in quite a while and to top it off, the pub, Victory Sports Bar, was great. They have a Wii there that you can use free of charge, several TV's which were great to watch the Olympics and the prices were definitely reasonable...make sure you check out their wing night on Wednesday! All in all, an awesome place to stay in Fort McMurray.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
VantageFortMcMurray, Hotel Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2010

Thanks Jason for your kind words. I`m glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!