“Comfortable, reasonable, plain-jane accoms”

Vantage Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Vancouver Island
“Comfortable, reasonable, plain-jane accoms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I am here on business for two weeks. My room is fine, the place is not deluxe, but I don't usually buy deluxe unless there is a reason to. I have been here several days now and find everything quite adequate, thank you. Fairly limited extras in the hotel, one restaurant, one bar, no pool. But I am warm and dry, things are clean, people are nice and I can walk to several small eateries for my variety of sustenance.

Room Tip: This is Fort Mac. The guys in the parking lot started their trucks outside my window about five am...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HardwickeHowlers
Nuwan E, General Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Glad to hear your stay with us met expectations and look forward to being your home away from home next time your in town, We always appreciate our guests feedback as it reinforces the things were doing right and those areas in which we have opportunities for growth.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed here for a month for work, great friendly service and clean rooms. There is also a great little bar down stairs to unwind. It would be nice to have a hot tub or pool but oh well... All in All, great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Garett G
Nuwan E, General Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Guest, we are pleased that your time with us was a favorable experience during your month with us. We look forward to having you back should you be returning to the area.
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Visiting family in F.M. and with no room at their home I had to stay for 9 nights in a hotel and this one was convenient and priced right. Quite happy with everything in the room which was cleaned early each day and I have no complaints. Not sure about previous comment re smoke, as a non smoker I did not smell smoke at all anywhere in the hotel. All staff, from front desk to cleaning staff and the lady who kept the breakfast counter stocked, were very friendly. WiFI worked very well. Would recommend and stay again if I have to.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Alan C
Nuwan E, General Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear guest, we are delighted that your stay with us was such a favorable experience while visiting your family members. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed seven nights. Worked until 4 PM each day. Each day returned to the room and maid had not done the room yet. Entire place smells like smoke, even my nonsmoking room. Carpets are filthy. Bathroom door won't open all the way because floor tiles have heaved and broken. Breakfast in the morning is a joke. Not everything is horrible though... internet is good, and there is a small fridge and microwave in the room.

Room Tip: Find one at the Sawridge!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Christopher W
Shannon E, Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Guest, I apologize for your recent stay with us. We take great pride in our Hotel, and reviews like this show us where we can improve.
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Vantage Inn in Ft McMurray for many years. Always a great place to stay, but starting to show a lack of upkeep. On my last stay, the ice machine was still broken, as it has been the previous 2 stays, and the fire monitor system was not operating. Shannon and all of her staff go above and beyond in making me feel welcome, but I would like to see repairs on obvious things done a little more quickly than 2 months. I believe the hotel and owners can do better

Stayed February 2013
3 Thank cacmab
Shannon E, Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Thank you for your comments and we appreciate your feedback and recommendations. Our Team takes great pride in being most hospitable and I will sure pass on your comments. I do apologize that your recent stay was not to your expectation. Our ice machine has been on the fritz for some time, but we will be receiving a brand new ice machine in the next 2 weeks. We value your ongoing support and we will continue to work even more diligently to be your first choice of accommodation.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Had to find a place for a week after having to move out. Price was very good and found room very clean and staff very friendly. Had a great stay and would stay there again if I needed a place. Would recommend a stay there if needed a good price and comfortable stay.

• Stayed February 2012
Shannon E, General Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We value your ongoing support and we will continue to work even more diligently to be your first choice of accommodations.
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Prices are not horrendous (for Ft. Mac), and complimentary continental is satisfactory.
Mattress was better than normal at a hotel. Room was also a good size. It is basic in many ways, but like another reviewer said, we were pleasantly surprised.
By the way, the front desk and housekeeping staff were extremely friendly and hospitable.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Shannon E, General Manager at Vantage Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
I’d like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Vantage Inn & Suites.
I am very happy to hear that the staff has made a good impression! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff members. I am also glad to hear that you found our beds comfortable. Being a home away from home is one of our goals. We hope to see you again in the future!