“Table 63 in this Hotel is Terrible! They charge you an 15% service fee!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Table 63

Table 63
Ranked #14 of 132 Restaurants in Fort McMurray
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edmonton, Canada
“Table 63 in this Hotel is Terrible! They charge you an 15% service fee!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

We took our family to the hotel's Table 63 which is being constantly advertised with rave reviews on our local radio stations only to be extremely disappointed. The menu variety is small, which would be fine if the food made up for it, but it doesn't. The table and booth were dirty (I cleaned them myself with hand wipes. We ordered appetizers and had to wait to flag down the waitress to ask for our cutlery. Cutlery arrived, dirty. When two of our entrees arrived the Butter Chicken tasted as if it had been sitting a while then reheated, the Stuffed Chicken was very dry and the inside pink and bloody meat on the bone . The other two entrees were (let's just say) fine. We were offered the desert menu before our plates were cleared. When the waitress came back, she took our desert order then cleared our plates. Service was not a huge issue as it was obvious the waitress had not been trained properly (with more practice she would become better at it). She was pleasant and trying to do the best.

Our moment of "awe" came with the bill. We were surprised with a "service fee" charge of 15%, plus asked again for a tip. We had to ask the waitress how to bypass the "tip" on the credit machine, and she seemed to been surprised that we asked. There is no way that the food or service was worth an expected 30%!!!!

We left wondering if the waitress was even aware of the 15% service charge. Who it goes to? and Did the waitress get anything out of the service fee? Was she left completely without tip?

I have had an automatic gratuity on my restaurant bills several times in the past, and gladly add more to it, but the quality of food and service, and the ambience of the restaurants for which I am paying it to are very "high-end". (We most definitely would be refused service at those doors if we showed up in without a tie or in jeans).

This was our second time here. The first time the restaurant was under a different name. It was terrible too. We only decided to give it a try again because of the renovations and new restaurant. We are very sorry we did.

We have no idea what these owners are thinking. Try to call them-good luck!!!!!

1 Thank WestCoaster50
Barnie Y, General Manager at Table 63, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Good Day,

I would like to start off by saying thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your dining experience at Table 63. I do apologize that your dining experience wasn't up to the standards that we expect our guests to receive and can assure your feedback has been shared with the team and the necessary actions taken to ensure that our team can grow and ensure this type of situation doesn't happen in the future.

I would to have the opportunity to discuss your experience and greater detail, if you would like you can reach me at byerxa@silverbirchhotels.com.

Kind Regards,

byerxa@silverbirchhotels.com
www.qualityhotelfortmcmurray.com

“Gross”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

The food here was barely edible! The coffee was stiff though. I wouldn't waste my time eating here again.

Visited April 2013
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Buffet was great and I don't usually like buffets! Service non-existant as the conversation of last night between the servers was more important, but they had fun. too bad I didn't.......

Visited April 2013