“Very friendly staff and comfortable clean hotel”

Clearwater Suite Hotel
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Very friendly staff and comfortable clean hotel”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Can't say how pleased and happy I am with all staff at this hotel. Reception takes the extra effort to warmly greet you by name, and they go out of their way to ensure our extended stay is a comfortable one. Having a full kitchen and washer dryer really makes a difference in making this place convenient and a great place to decompress after those long hours of work. Be sure to look for Cherry, Aracelli, Joan, or Jim, as they genuinely want to make your stay a comfortable one through their excellent and interpersonal customer service.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Guest. On behalf of our entire Team we sincerely appreciate your most encouraging comments on our property and the highlighted Front Office Team members mentioned are indeed extremely valuable to our organization and we certainly will mention to them your great support on their most valuable and consistent high level of hospitality. We also value our in rooms guests amenities which are extremely popular for guests looking for a "home away from home". We hope to welcome you back once again in the immediate future. Jean-Marc Guillamot General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Very nice suites and beautiful rooms with your own balcony and very comfortable bed. Staff are friendly especially Front desk, very accommodating staff especially in the morning and well greeted by my name. Location is good if you forgot something mall and superstore is just across the building. Definitely worth staying.

Room Tip: Room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest. Thank you very much for your most positive comments on your recent stay in our property. We are extremely grateful of our great hospitable Team. Rest assured we will pass on these remarks to all concerned. Indeed our prime location and amenities makes our hotel one of the most popular accommodation in Fort McMurray but we are most proud of our great service oriented Team! Hope to see you back in the most foreseeable future. Jean-Marc Guillamot General Manager
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a classy hotel and has all the amenities one could ask for. The apartment style suites make it feel more like a home rather than a hotel room. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. As a woman travelling alone, it was a great choice for security purposes and it was one of the most quiet hotels I have stayed in - I never heard any noise from other suites at all. There are cheaper hotel choices in Ft McMurray but you get what you pay for when it comes to crews partying all night in a cheaper hotel! I will be more than happy to stay here again in the future. Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway, very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Laurie P
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest; We are most appreciative of your positive comments on your last visit in our property. Rest assured we pass on these encouragements to our Team who takes great pride in achieving a continuous high level of Hospitality. Rest assured we do not take this for granted and we will continue to encourage our Team to be at their best at all times. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the most foreseeable future and we sincerely thank you for your wonderful support. Jean-Marc Guillamot General Manager.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The high demand for suites in the area causes some hotels to confuse the services they provide. When I booked two nights in one of their suites earlier this week, I was expecting the type of service you would get at any regular hotel. Instead, I was surprised to find out that I was expected to was my own coffee mug, and empty and clean my rooms coffee maker. At more than $250 a shot, you would figure they could at least treat you like a regular hotel guest... Some managers don't understand the difference between corporate guests and people that stay at a hotel for extended periods of time (sometimes months) because they are working in the area. A hotel just a block away was offering a similar room for $100 less...
Albeit, the room was very comfortable and the underground parking ($7 extra per day) kept my car from getting the outdoor parking lot's mud.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Guest. Thank you for bringing to my attention the "tidying up" of your room. All our rooms are equipped with its own dishwashers and our maids do load the dishwasher as they see dirty dishes left in the sink. This was a pure in attention on our part and I apologize! I am glad otherwise the comfort of our rooms and practicality of a heated underground parking helped this unfortunate situation. We do hope you will still consider our hotel as your choice of accommodation when next
travelling in our city. Jean-Marc Guillamot General Manager
Reviewed 9 February 2014

great location. room are really nice and clean. Very comfortable beds with washer and dryer in the room and kitchen.. Front desk are friendly and helpful. They always call me by my name.Breakfast is serve in the morning but if you stay there for long you will have the same menu but there are nearby shops like tim hortons and smyttys. I will definitely come back in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest. Thank you for your most positive comments and I will pass on your comments to our entire team especially the Front Desk. We like to think we are your home away from home and we are glad you found our amenities to your expectations.rest assured we will continue to improve our service and product. We hope to see you back in the most foreseeable future! Jean-Marc Guillamot-General Manager.
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I have stayed in Fort Mcmurray for work and it was my first time. I had to do some work and have to visit my parents. I would say that I had a wonderful stay. Staff are friendly and very helpful. All frontdesk staff are excellent. Room are nice with laundry and dryer in the room. I love the balcony because atleast I do not have to go down all the way to the lobby just to have fresh air. Breakfast is complimentary. I just wish that the hot tub will be open by the time I will be back. But overall it is a great stay. Will definitely comeback.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Guest. Thank you so mcuh for taking time to pass on your comments on your most recent stay with us. We will certainly pass these to our next Team meeting and rest assured they are taking these with great pride. The Hot Tub has been an on going concern with us. During these last months we demolished the old area, expended the Fitness centre but our exisiting system to balance the Chlorine and alkanality of the hot tub water does not meet our full confidence in allowing our guests to use it. Consequently we are going to replace the entire Pump systems and water treatment to a more contemporaty safe and consistent system which will improve tremendously the water softness and its safe chemical balance. Rest assure this is already on going and we should be up and running shortly.
We certainly hope to see you again if not before this year end, cerainly in the next year. Thank you for your wonderful support! Jean-Marc Guillamot- General Manager.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed at the Clearwater over a 6 week period flying into and out of Fort McMurray for work. I was impressed with how comfortable the beds were and I had a great sleep every night. Colin was one of the friendliest and most professional hotel employees I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Always very polite and welcoming. It is unfortunate that Hwy 63 is always so busy, as the sounds of traffic and vehicle back-up alarms were quite noticeable well into the night. But such is the nature of Fort McMurray and it is nothing a pair of ear plugs won't fix. The Clearwater is right next door to a Superstore which makes grabbing some groceries and making use of the in-room kitchenettes very easy. One thing to note is that at least in the rooms I was in, there is a stove top, microwave, and toaster but no oven. Just something to keep in mind before buying something like a frozen pizza to take back. In summary, I would definitely choose the Clearwater if I once again find myself in Fort McMurray.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Guest. We are extremely grateful to you for taking the time to write up this review and rest assured the entire Team and of course Collin will all receive a well deserved "pat on the back" for a job well done! We are indeed in the heart of one of the most economically active Town working day and night and I appreciate your advice on helping future guests in providing travelling tips on curbing possible noise from this activity. Our Front desk do have these "noise blockers" for light sleepers. As for full oven facility, we greatly value this comment and will monitor further similar requests and possibly look at upgrading our cooking facilities. We are looking forward to your next extended stay with us when next sojourning in our region. Jean-Marc Guillamot- General Manager.