“The Fort Mcmurrry experience”

Clearwater Suite Hotel
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“The Fort Mcmurrry experience”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've stayed in many of the hotels in fort for business and personal reasons and when trying to find a hotel on line the reviews are all awful, so it becomes hard to decide where to stay, all the hotels in fort are expensive, so if your looking for quality for your dollar this hotel has it all. Full kitchen,washer/dryer(wow),cute balcony,fire place,separate bedroom, crisp clean linen and it smelled clean. The staff was friendly and helpful, maybe not perfect but they tried to help in any way possible.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have the same basics so ask the front desk for what room suits you or your fam...
Green Features: The hotel supplies everything the room needs for the night from soap for the dishwasher and washer and dryer but also shampoo and conditioner all nice products
1 Thank Lori E
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Guest; Thank you so much for following up your most recent visit with us by sending your comments which were most positive. We work diligently day after day towards giving the same level of service from all our Team Members and we will continue to do so while we will continue to strive for even higher standards in cleanliness. We certainly look forward to your next visit which we hope will be very soon. Jean-Marc Guillamot. General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I will definitely recommend esp for a longer stay.I Stayed there for 5 days & everything I need is available! & very accessible for everything from grocery store to mall/restaurants and close to tims!

Room Tip: King bedroom more space!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 06zhandre
Dear Guest; Thank you so much for your comments which will be passed on to all concerned. Our guests do appreciate the location of our properties and its amenities. But we are extremely proud of the continuous great " service Attitude" our Team delivers time after time. We are very thankful of your patronage and on going support and we are looking forward to your next visit in our region and welcome you once again in the most foreseeable future. Jean-Marc Guillamot- General Manager
Squamish, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My stay in this hotel was a pleasant one. Stayed in room with kitchenette, laundry, dryer, separate living room with pull out couch and balcony. Housekeepers are friendly. Front desk staff are helpful, personable and a joy to converse with. This hotel is situated in the heart of downtown, very near to the mall and superstore. If given a chance to come back in Fort Mcmurray, I will certainly stay in this hotel again. Its like home away from home.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank A_robert12
Dear Guest(s); I sincerely thank you for taking time on your travelling schedule to send us your comments related to your most recent sojourn with us. We are fortunate of our location and amenities but rest assured we do not take any of these for granted and our Team will continue to strive in giving an even better guests experience to all. Hope to see you soon! Jean-Marc Guillamot- General Manager.
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The whole hotel was very nice and clean. Front desk are friendly and helpful. I love the bed and slept like a baby, I even asked for the brand of the bed so I can have it on my own house. The rooms have full kitchen facilities with bonus laundry and dryer on your own. Overall it is an excellent stay. Will surely recommend this hotel to everyone.

1 Thank Steve M
Dear Guest; Thank you for your comments related to your most recent visit with us. Our in room amenities are indeed very much handy and appreciated by all our guests. I am still somewhat disappointed your breakfast experience was not up to par and rest assured, I passed your comments to our Leased operation. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the most foreseeable future. Jean-Marc Guillamot General Manager.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and it was a perfect stay. Rooms are cleaned and and have balcony with bonus of having your own laundry in your room. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful especially the morning staff. Breakfast is a little bit a downer but I will suggest that you just cooked your own breakfast since you will have your own kitchen with full fridge and stove. Will definitely come back and stay here again on my next trip.

1 Thank Day S
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest; Thank you so much for your most valuable feedback! We sincerely appreciate your support and we are very appreciative as well of our Team Service above and Beyond attitude which we strive to emulate through the entire operation every day of the week. We do indeed provide a limited breakfast as all our suites have full kitchen amenities and an array of grocery stores are at very closed walking distance from our property. We are looking forward to your next visit in our region in the most foreseeable future. Jean-Marc Guillamot - General Manager
Nanaimo, BC
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I just can't give this hotel 4 stars..for a few reason. I tried to make my booking directly with the hotel because the computer I was on would not let me - when I phoned to book the desk attendant (Joe) would not give me the rate I was getting online - he quoted $240 and the rate I was seeing at that time was $179....I was shocked he would not do the booking for me so I had to wait till the next day to book on a different computer. A week later I checked the rates again and they had gone down by $20 so I phoned the hotel to tell them I was canceling my initial reservation and re-booking - they did not offer to just change my rate. So when I arrived at the hotel they had no booking for me...good thing I had printed my confirmation...I was not impressed with showing up to a hotel and them not expecting me. They also took a pre-authorization on my credit card of $1200.00. I was shocked at this and have never had this happen - I get they need a credit card on file but a pre-authorization double what my bill will be seemed excessive !!!
We had a one bedroom suite on the 3rd floor overlooking the parking lot. I loved that there was a balcony to sit on - I believe it is the only hotel in Fort MacMurray that has balconies - so this is a perk! When we checked in we were told the hot tub was not working and had been out of order for 2 years - I asked why and they replied that "this is Fort McMurray" - not sure why the hot tub is even advertised on the web site - if it has been out of service for this long it should be removed from all advertising. The continential breakfast was basic but runs from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. which must cater to the workers - I was on holiday visiting my daughter so it was a bit early for us and we only made it to 2 or our 4 possible breakfasts...our second time at the breakfast there were scrambled eggs - not sure if that was only that day as there had been none the previous visit. The room was lovely and very well equipped with everything...we did not need the kitchen but it was the same price as a standard room so thought the extra space would be nice. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel is within walking distance to lots of restaurants and stores in the downtown area. Desk staff were always very friendly and were all employees in the hotel.
If you are going to book this hotel I would recommend checking online daily for price drops. The hotel should match any online price for a customer - having to re-book at a lower rate was a hassle!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Guest; I thank you for taking valuable time from your schedule to send us this comprehensive review and I must first apologize on the Rate mixed up. I had a chance to do a thorough investigation and it seemed some rate parity were not communicated to all concerned between our various web sites. I had a conversation as well with our front desk agent who should have been more understanding and flexible. Rest assured this was reviewed, explained and understood. The pre-authorization is customary for entire stay and incidentals as nowadays most of our guests do not check out as most of them are staying under contracted terms coordinated with their company. We are relieved to know the balance of your stay was acceptable but nevertheless we strive for much better first right impression and will continue to work to pay attention to such important details as reported. We are looking forward to your next visit and hope we will still continue on your support. Jean-Marc Guillamot General Manager
Sahuarita, Arizona
Reviewed 1 July 2014

By far the best hotel I have stayed with. All staff members are great, and know your name. The rooms I have had are outstanding. On future visits I plan on staying nowhere else. They earned my business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Guest; Thank you for your wonderful comments on your most recent visit in our property. Rest assured we will pass these comments to our entire team! Although we are not immune to flaws in our Training,technical and maintenance mishaps, our Team does indeed strive to consistently strive in giving our guests the best stay possible while visiting our region. We are certainly looking forward to your next visit. Jean-marc Guillamot-General Manager