“Big dive in the food quality”

Blue Diamond Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 135 Restaurants in Fort McMurray
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Big dive in the food quality”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

There was a change in owners.. The old owners made amazing Chinese food - best in town. After the new people took over, we have ordered three times, and it was tasteless all times. We will not be ordering from there again. Big disappointment.

Visited April 2014

Fort McMurray
“So NOT Good....Big down turn in food and service.”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The Blue Diamond restaurant now has new owners and the food quality has taken a huge hit which for me is so disappointing. My friend and I went for supper, 3/4 through our meal, my friend takes a bite of rice and pulls a piece of hair from her mouth that isn't hers.
I went quietly to the staff and showed them. We ended up not having to pay for our meal.
The service wasn't up to par either, we were given menus and one of them was written all over it.
I asked for lemon water, they were all out of lemon. They are next door to a grocery store.

This use to be my favourite restaurant, not any more, it is one thing to see hair on your plate, it is totally different seeing your friend pull it out of her mouth. Will NOT be back....

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank FtMacTompkins
North Vancouver
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Food was good, nice ambiance. Server was friendly but didn't come to check on quality of food or to refill water.

• Visited November 2013
Fort McMurray
“It's still good but”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

They recently had a major makeover and the restaurant looks amazing! However, when I looked at the menu, I noticed that their prices had increased slightly, that is OK until they brought the food out and I noticed the plates and portion sizes were smaller than before.
The food is still good but we won't be eating there or taking out as often due to the price increase and smaller Portions.
The service was excellent, the waitress was very attentive and filled up our water glasses without asking. Lots of parking available and it's tucked away from traffic and crowds.

• Visited September 2013
Fort McMurray, AB
“Disgusting SLOP. Avoid at all costs, go to McDonalds.”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Ordered take out last night due to a craving and was totally grossed out. We threw away all the 'food'. Usually I am not surprised how bad our dining options are in Fort McMurray, but BD surprised me. If I can save just one person from eating this crud, then my time writing this post was worth it.

• Visited August 2013