“Consistently good food, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Earl's Restaurant

Earl's Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 132 Restaurants in Fort McMurray
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alberta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently good food, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Earls has been our go-to for years in Ft Mcmurray. It has been a consistent place for good food and decent service. It is a great option for a good meal in town.

Our disappoint is at times with the lack of clothing on the hostesses and waitresses and regular problems in the ladies washroom.

• Visited January 2014

Fort McMurray, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

but in a town where there is so few good restaurants I understand. Just the last time we went there was only piping hot water coming out of the tap and one of the children almost got burnt. Haven't been back since. Food was ugly too...

Visited February 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Quick, Hot Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stopped in for lunch on a recent trip to Fort McMurray. Earl's is a bit of a treat for me. My wife doesn't like it, so I don't get to eat there much. Traveling alone for work seemed like a good opportunity to try an Earl's again for the first time in a while.

Since I was alone, I sat at the bar. The bartender came over, introduced himself, and shook my hand. It was a friendly, not over the top, gesture. I had the Jeera Chicken Curry. It came pretty quickly and was hot (spicy and temperature). It's one of my favorite dishes at Earl's and it is still good. With a coffee and tip, I paid about $25, which is a bit pricey based on my employer's per diem for food. I won't be able to claim that full amount, but I enjoyed my lunch.

They even had free wifi to entertain myself as I sat alone eating my lunch. The whole experience was pleasant, and I will come back next time I'm in town.

• Visited December 2013
Oslo, Norway
“earls fort mac style”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

ok, so being an European living in Fort Mac, Earl is one of the few restaurants that you could actually go to for some decent grub in this town. Love their ribs, the potato salad and their chicken starters.
The servers are, as mentioned in other reviews, skimpily dressed, but hey, this town is 70% men so I get that tips are good when the skirt line is high above mid thigh, but do I really need to see hot pants and fish net stockings while eating.. well no.
food is good, service is fine, would go again(as if there are sooo many choices in that town).

• Visited March 2013
Fmm
“Wild salmon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

The salmon, rice and grilled veggies were excellent. My friends had the breakfast special which was also very good.

• Visited September 2013