“Sawridge hearthstone Lounge and Grill”
Review of Sawridge Hotel - CLOSED

Sawridge Hotel
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We have had many meals here over the years. I must say the food quality has depreciated lately. The prime rib was very tough, the selection was not great, and it seemed like the buffet was running on reputation, not quality. I am not sure we will go back, as it is very expensive for what you get. I would not recommend this place anymore due to the above. A great place once!!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have been a frequent costumer of Hearthstone Grille & Lounge, especially for dinner when they offer a great selection of quality food and the best buffet ever. Roast beef is my favourite, always very tasty and in perfectly done. Salad bar is very nice with good choices, desserts are great. If you prefer to try the Dinner Menu, is very interesting as well. Never disappointed with the food's quality and the service in Hearthstone at Sawridge Hotel. Servers are very cordial and attentive to your needs. Place is open style, very well illuminated and you feel you are very comfortable seating around the big fireplace. Is a good option for dinning alone or for big business groups.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Sawridge for three days on business n Fort McMurray. The hotel was great and I will return.
The Hearthstone Lounge & Grille was not anything approaching great. My son and I had the dinner buffet on a Tuesday night. For $28 a head, I would hve expected a LOT more than was there. A fired rice dish, potato wedges, some extremely dry pork, a decent herbed chicken, and some passable whitefish. The carvery was some of the toughest roast beef I have EVER encountered. The cold selection was p-poor to boot: the onky seafood was cold mussels (which were rahter tasty!). But no shrimp, crab, etc, which you might expect from the price.
The waitresses were very friendly and professional.

To give the restaurant its due, I have, in the past, had some spectacular meals at the Hearthstone and it was always my famly's choice for a buffet destination. But if Tuesdays fiasco is anything other than a one-off, we won't be having that buffet again...ever.

The ala carte food might have been good but the buffet was crap. Please be advised.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

The Sawridge in Fort Mac is my 'go to' hotel whenever I have to travel to FM for work. The lounge and restaurant have really good food and the service is generally very good. Cost is high but then again everything here costs more (I mean where can a low end chain hotel get away with charging $200 plus a night for a truly basic room?). I digress. Food is tasty and well prepared. If you have eat and stay in FM, the Sawridge is a good choice.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The Sawridge has always had a nice buffet and is known for their good food quality and menu selection. Many special events are held there, and buffet content will vary depending on the event and time of year.
Breakfast buffets may include little whole wheat banana pancakes, and dinner buffets may have crab legs and seafood. Always a full buffet, always friendly and professional staff, and ordering from a menu is an alternative to the buffet as well.