“Attentive Service, Great Food”
Review of Sawridge Hotel - CLOSED

Sawridge Hotel
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I had a quick supper here while staying in the hotel. Since I was alone, I sat in the lounge, which shares a menu with the restaurant.

Despite the lounge being fairly busy, the server came right over and I had great service the whole time I was there. I had the chicken quesadillas. They took a little longer than I expected, but the place was busy. They arrived hot and were fantastic. I was pretty full for $17.

The atmosphere is pretty nice with the decorations and some TV's that you can watch sports on. The server was efficient, and I even saw how patient she was when she had to deal with one particularly demanding and rude customer.

I will eat here again the next time I stay in this hotel. When it's -25 outside, there's no point in getting in a car and going elsewhere in town, especially when the food in your own hotel is pretty good.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just outside of the city, halfway to the airport, large and convenient parking lot. For this expensive city, a good relation price and quality. I have enjoyed going there various times.

The rooms are reasonably ample and clean. The restaurant, independent from the bar/lounge has a nice fire place in the middle. Buffet and menu are good but not that first class or special diner, unless you book in advance a gourmet diner which is in deed custom made but expensive. The swimming pool seem to be in maintenance most of the time and the gym is soooo small.

But the personnel has always been nice and attentive.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Extensive menu with lots of different combinations and fare. Chef has gone to some lengths to try a few different things and from what I tried, they worked. Did a wonderful job on rack of lamb and the seafood sampler was something else

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I always enjoy having the buffet at lunch.....there is great selection, variety, soup and the salad bar is extremely fresh.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We have had many meals here over the years. I must say the food quality has depreciated lately. The prime rib was very tough, the selection was not great, and it seemed like the buffet was running on reputation, not quality. I am not sure we will go back, as it is very expensive for what you get. I would not recommend this place anymore due to the above. A great place once!!