“Stay away”

Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Staff is unfriendly, rooms are rather dirty. I was on second floor, and 3rd floor room had extremely squeaky floor, so I could hear every (very loud) step of a guy above.

But best of all, they "assumed that I checked out early", because I didn't leavy any luggage in my room, and simply resold room. When I returned, they had no vacancy, so I had to go somewhere else.

Save your money, nerves and good sleep, stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Super8 is just 600m away.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Walter N
AndyDD, Manager at Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate our guest’s feedback and take any feedback to heart.

I am very sorry to hear your last experience at our hotel and I appreciate you letting us know about a couple issues that we can approve on.

I am very sorry to hear about the state of your room. Our housekeepers are trained to ensure that when they leave a room, it is to look like no one has ever stayed there before. We have recently hired a night time janitor with hopes to cut down on these issues. This way if a guest is unhappy with the state of their room, we have the ability to utilize the janitors time and ensure that the guest is receiving a clean, comfortable room.

There must have been a miscommunication in regards to your check out date between the Housekeeping team and the Front Desk Team. We cater to a lot of Crew workers who take all of their belongings and don't check out. this was a very poor assumption on our behalf. We are continuously striving to reach new levels of customer service and I certainly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention.

I hope that you can accept my sincere apologies and hope that you will think of us the next time you are in Grande Prairie. If so, please call or email me personally and I would love to offer you a complimentary room with hopes to win back you business.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Was not happy with my stay recently @ this hotel; room was cold and there was no hot water for 2 days. you could not shower or bathe. I called the front desk and they where rather rude about the whole situation. I asked for a discount but they said no there would be no adjustment to the bill.
The restaurant and lounge; just another greasey spoon.
There is a games room at this hotel but limited pay outs. This hotel used to be the old Trumpeter Hotel and it still old, not worth the price stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank calvin b
AndyDD, Manager at Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out this questionnaire.

We appreciate our guest’s feedback and take any feedback to heart.

I am very sorry to hear your last experience at our hotel. I was aware of the out Hot Water Boilers being down for 2 hours and the Plumbers came immediately to the hotel and was able to fix the problem. We have recently purchased 2 brand new Hot Water Boilers as well as 2 brand new Holding tanks There certainly are no excuses and I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience.

We are making some much needed up grades to the room product in the very near future. We have already upgraded the linen and pillows, Hot Water and Internet upgrade in each of the rooms and are looking at focusing on fixtures and bathrooms.

I hope that you can accept my sincere apologies and hope that you will think of us the next time you are in Grande Prairie. If so, please call or email me personally and I would love to offer you a complimentary upgrade at a reduced rate.

gm@stonebridgegp.com

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, needs a coat of paint and to get rid of the smoking rooms but overall it's okay. Good for the price. Front desk didnt really seem to care much when checking in but was helpful when I had a concern

• Stayed: August 2013
AndyDD, Manager at Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

I am very sorry to hear your last experience at our hotel. There certainly are no excuses and I would like to personally apologize for my team member actions.

We have had some turn over at the front desk and currently in the middle of restructuring our Front Desk Leaders. We are continuously striving to reach new levels of customer service and I certainly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for years whenever I had business in Grande Prairie. My most recent stay will be my last. Everything from maintenance and upkeep, cleanliness, and staff attitude at the front counter was substandard. There are better places in town that charge no more than Stonebridge. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank R K
AndyDD, Manager at Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Thank you very much for your review. Your feedback is a gift and it helps us in our efforts to improve on our customer service, quality control and cleanliness of our product.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. I would like to be given the chance to speak to you directly about your specific concerns so they can be rectified as soon as possible.

We are committed to constantly improving our services and with your help we are able to identify areas of opportunity to grow and develop our best practices.

I can be reached at the hotel at 780-539-5561 or by email gm@stonebridgegp.com

I appreciate your time and look forward to speaking with you directly when it is most convenient for you

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I checked in to an old comfortable hotel from my past. At checked in the hotel seemed okay, nice furnishings and a clean room, I spent the extra money to get a suite and when I went to get a tub later in the evening around 9:30, there was zero hot water, I continued to chck till 11:00pm and still not hot water, I called the front desk and they appoligized as usual and did nothing as ususal. At 6:00am I went to have a shower, the water was just luke warm. So I checked out and asked to see the manager, he was 30 feet away and would not attend the counter to speak to me about the issues I had, he just told the woman to give me $20 dollars off the room. Are you kidding...They have a nice room but no support for the amenities... that means they have nothing... Stay away, the manager is the lead of any establishment and this one told me how much he cared by not even talking to me... So do him a favour and stay away so you don't bug him. By the way, the King suites, the most expensive rooms in the hotel are right beside th exits and the vending machines...hahahahaha...what a dive!

Room Tip: I Have not much to say nice about the stay, the room was nice but they dont have anything to support...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Bryan E
AndyDD, Manager at Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thank you for your review and apologize that this has been your experience at our hotel.

We have always prided ourselves on excellent customer service and I and very sorry to hear that you feel you were not treated fairly. I must apologize personally for not making myself available to hear your concerns.

As for the hot water issues, as of today a new Boiler system has been installed to ensure that all of our guests receive adequate hot water and any point of their stay. We do not foresee any issues moving forward and are ver happy about the new upgrade.

If you wish to contact me please call the hotel at 888.419.4657 to discuss any more of your concerns.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Stayed here for a large staff xmas party, hotel staff were extreamly unfriendly on check in and check out, no greetings, very cranky, it was 2 differnt clerks. No hot water for showers in the morning, TV stopped working in the evening, front desk was very unhelpful, said we didnt need it if we were checking out in the morning, not appoligetic at all. Our fellow staff members said maids were intrussive, knocking on doors long before check out or just walking in, 2 of our staff members had a maid walk in when they were in states on undress even tho they had a "do not disturb" sign on one of their doors. However, rooms were clean and nice unpon arrival.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank J S
AndyDD, Manager at Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

We have always prided ourselves on excellant customer service and I and very sorry to hear that you feel you were not treated nicely. I will personally look into the matter of who was working over the weekend and bring your concerns to the Front Desk Team.

As for the Housekeeping department, our policy is to give a courtesy knock piror to opening any guest door. Again, i will look into the matter with my housekeeping team and ensure them that they are aware of our hotel standards and poicilys about entering guest rooms.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

This place is awful! There has been a lot of money spent on the lobby and entry area but the rooms are terrible. The bath tub is older than old. There is a lingering smell of smoke. Especially when you turn on the fan/bathroom light. Pillows were lumpy and hard. I would recommend you stay away from this place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Geraldine W
AndyDD, Manager at Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

We are continually focus on improving our guest room products and over the past few months have statred replacing all linen and Pillows. By the end of this month, every bed will have brand new pillows!

As for the "smoke" smell in the Bathroom fan, i'll discuss with our Maintenance and Housekeeping departments about looking into this. I take your feedback very seriously and will look into the matter right away.

As apart of our cleaning routine, each room is cleaned on a daily basis. We use top quality linens (Eden Textiles), cleaning products from Avmour (Biodegradable and Earth Friendly) and Ecolab laundry detergent.

Grande Prairie