“unpleasant”

Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our one night stay was very poor. Dirty pillows (lipstick and big black streaks), and when we called to get new ones we waited half an hour and then had to call again. Our toilet never did flush properly, we had no Kleenex in our room, there was a very loud, very large party in the room next to us that the hotel staff did not care to do anything about. They did not quiet down until 3:30 am and the next morning the cleaning staff was taking multiple flats of empties out of that room. This was a room of grown men who with no consideration for anyone else in the hotel. But the staff at the front desk should have done something about it.

If you want to actually sleep, this is not the place for you. The reservation process and customer service on check in was excellent, the shower spray pressure very good, other than that I have no positive comments about this hotel. We were at this hotel with a sports team and had multiple rooms, every family had complaints.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TinkToo
Andy D, General Manager at Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hello TinkToo,

First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out this questionnaire.

We appreciate our guest’s feedback and take any feedback to heart.

I am very sorry to hear your last experience at our hotel. There certainly are no excuses and I would like to personally apologize for my teams lack of actions towards the noisy guests. I can certainly understand your frustration about being kept up all night from other patrons. This is 100% a miscommunication error on our behalf and I would like to personally apologize.

Also in regards to the state of your room, our housekeepers are trained to ensure that when they leave a room, it is to look like no one has ever stayed there before. Unfortunately, this step must have been over looked and must have been an oversight our part. We have recently hired a night time janitor with hopes to cut down on these issues. This way if a guest is unhappy with the state of their room, we have the ability to utilize the janitors time and ensure that the guest is receiving a clean, comfortable room.

We are continuously striving to reach new levels of customer service in all departments and I certainly appreciate you bringing the incident to my attention.

I hope that you can accept my sincere apologies and hope that you will think of us the next time you are in Grande Prairie. If so, please call or email me personally and I would love to offer you a complimentary upgrade at a reduced rate.

My Sincerest Thanks and humblest apologies,

There are newer reviews for Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stay in alot of hotels for our sons soccer and typically mid range and this was Ok...renos done in lobby were nice, room was small and needed some updating and repair..comforter had some stains on it but nothing that I felt I needed to complain about. Breakfast is a big thing for us with 2 teenage boys and this one was great with a hot buffet with bacon/sausage etc. Will we stay again next time? Not sure..not a definite yes or no as we may want to try other places..At the regular rate of $139 no..at the rate of $99 we got - maybe

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Andy D, General Manager at Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello Kheck64FSJ, nad thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this review

We appreciate our guest’s feedback and take any feedback to heart.

I am pleased to inform you that our guestrooms will be undergoing a remodeling this year. Our major focus is going to be on the beds, Bathrooms, Carpet and fixtures which will certainly put some sparkle back into these old rooms. Along with a few other upgrades slated for 2014:

1. Eastlink HD TV Services - DONE May 2014
2. Wireless Internet up-Grade – Done Spring 2014
3. New Door Locks for all rooms - DONE April 2014
4. New complimentary Breakfast revamp – DONE May 2014
5. New Beds for the entire hotel! Coming this fall 2014

I hope that you accept my sincere apologies and hope that you will think of us the next time you are in Grande Prairie. If so, please call or email me personally and I would love take care of your reservation personally.

My Sincerest thanks,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great experience staying at this hotel. Clean rooms, great service, great location - close to the mall and many restaurants as well. Will definitely stay again!

I also attended a Christmas Party here, and it was awesome! Ballroom was stunning, and again the service was outstanding!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you Diana C for taking the time to write this review

We appreciate our guest’s feedback and take any feedback to heart.

We are pleased you Christmas party went well and my staff are ecstatic they did a great job! We hope to see you again this winter for your next event!

My Sincerest Thanks,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Every time I come to the Stonebridge Hotel the staff go out of their way to ensure I'm comfortable. From the minute I walk through the door I'm greeted by the friendly front desk staff, restaurant staff and management walking through the building. Exceptional service!!!

Room Tip: Very comfortable!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kiara S

Thank you Kiara S for taking the time to write this review

We appreciate our guest’s feedback and take any feedback to heart.

If anything specific comes to mind on how we can make your stay or restaurant visit more enjoyable, you can call or email me personally any time.

We here at the Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again.

My Sincerest Thanks,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Restaurant, lounge, Liquor Store and clean rooms!!!! Stayed here during xmas season 2013. Had a great time dancing the night away and had the convenience of crawling to my room. In the morning I crossed the street to the mall and did some shopping, no taxi needed!!!! STAY HERE if you are planning on coming to visit Grande Prairie!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 513McDonald
AndyDD, Manager at Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your review!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to get a little shopping done.

Our focus is to ensure that we have the amenities that our guests are looking for and are always open for hearing suggestions on how we can make your stay more comfortable.

We appreciate the positive feed back!

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I've been staying at this hotel since November and the staff has made me fell like I'm at home. From the front desk to the service in the lounge they treat me awesome!! I will actually miss them when I leave.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Orest B

Thank you for your kind review!

We understand that when you are staying with us, you are away from your friends and family. We try to ensure that you have a comfortable nights sleep and provide a "just like home" experience.

We have to say good bye to a lot of long stay guests on a daily basis, so we just hope that you will visit us again the next time you are in Grande Prairie.

Don't be a Stranger!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Stonebridge Hotel in Grande Prairie AB is extremely clean and very hospitable. Staff are very friendly and eager to help. Restaurant and lounge staff are amazing. The location is perfect, easily accessible and lots of shopping in the area. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Leann J

Thank you very much for your Review!

Our housekeeping team takes great pride in the work they do. But no one is perfect so we appreciate hearing the things that we can improve on. It keeps our teams focused so we are always delivering quality customer service and clean comfortable guest rooms.

thanks again and hope to see you again soon!