“stayed once and came back a second time.. very good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Podollan Inn & Spa

Podollan Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Arviat, Canada
“stayed once and came back a second time.. very good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Each and every employee was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The complimentary shampoo etc was very good quality. The bed was comfortable. Room was clean. My first stay was in a queen room and second was a suite. Both were excellent and well appointed. I appreciated the deep tub and separate shower. The continental breakfast was great -- fresh fruit, fruit salad, a varitey of breads and pastries, yogurt, boiled eggs, cereals, coffees, teas (Starbucks) and juices. Also have the option to have $4 off hot breakfast in the restaurant. I took that option the second stay and the breakfast was good. The continental breakfast is so good though that it should sustain anyone but the most hungry. We had one dinner in the restaurant and it was very good. I didn't plan ahead and book a spa appointment so can't comment on that except to say that the staff there were friendly and I wish I had booked .. so book ahead if you want the spa... TVs are a bit small... but they do have pay per veiw movies which I appreciate when I travel alone for work... Great location - close to all you need and not noisy at all. Overall and excellent stay.. a bit pricie but i found a good deal on booking.com (30 less than anywhere else I could find...)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank justmy0pinion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

I have been a long time traveller of this hotel and have stayed a good 30+ days here in the last 1-2 years, plus however many days in the last 5+ years. This past year, I upgraded a podollan suite to enjoy a whirlpool tub. It was not working properly-I was credited to a normal room to account and told they were going to try observing room conditions better--> handled appropriately. I again stayed a few months ago and the room had white patching in the bathroom...I emailed management to inform-bit so much as a response back. I figured I would try the hotel one last time this week, called to book and told their pet policy has changed (ie way more money)-I emailed management to discuss this as I am an ongoing customer--again, not so much as a response from manager. I give up-I have booked elsewhere and will give my business elsewhere while in GP. I hope members of the upper management team see this and change how this are handled, and take better attention to detail within the hotel. It's disappointing, as this is a nice hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank FrequenttravellerCA
Lethbridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed here June 2013. The front desk staff are really friendly and helpful. I had a queen room, which was very nice and the bathroom was terrific. Nice deep tub with a separate shower. I even really liked the complimentary shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc.

The bed was very comfortable. The one downside to my stay was the blinds in the room didn't keep the room very dark. Considering there was only about 4 hours of darkness all night, it was tough to get a good nights sleep. For that reason alone, I gave this property an 'average' rating because a restful sleep is my top priority when deciding whether to return to any hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

So my wife and I booked a 4 day stay at the Podollan Inn and Spa. In Grande Prairie there are two locations of the Podollan, one being the residence for longer durations of stay and the other being the Inn and Spa.

We pull up to the residence not knowing it was the other location we booked, and the staff greeted us with a smile. They asked us if we had a reservation and helped us sort out the confusion. While we were already at the residence, the General Manager happened to be working and was kind enough to give us a little tour and show us the amenities that the residence had to offer. After a pleasant tour of the residence, my wife and I thought it was probably due time to travel to the right location and book into our room.

We get to the Inn and Spa and get our room and funnily enough, bump into the same G.M. that looks after the residence. We get chatting and he asks us which room we are staying in (which happened to be one right over the restaurant out-looking the exhaust fan from the kitchen) He makes a few calls and sooner than we know we are moving across the hall into an upgraded suite at no additional cost.

The customer service at this hotel is impeccable and the rooms and amenities are way above par. We will definitely be recommending and staying at this hotel again.

Thank you Podollan Staff!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience and saying our “customer service is impeccable and the rooms and amenities are above par”. The Podollan hospitality team at the Podollan Inn & Spa and our extended stay Podollan Inn & Rez-idence is 100% focused on providing guests with the best possible stay with extraordinary customer service and amenities.

We are delighted to share with you that the Podollan Inn & Spa was voted the “Best Hotel” in Grande Prairie by HQGrande Prairie for 2013 and awarded Trip Advisor’s “Certificate of Excellence” for 2013.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at both of the hotels in Grande Prairie during my last business trip. The Rez had a beautiful room, I was very impressed. The Inn & Spa was also very impressive, my compliments to the staff at that hotel as the service was top notch.

Without a doubt I will be staying at the Podollan Hotels for future stays whenever possible.

Room Tip: Book the suite at the Residence, it's like Las Vegas in Grande Prairie!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Loved the relaxing feel of this hotel. Quiet and comfortable with all the amenities needed. We definitely recommend this hotel and the spa. The location is great and the staff is super friendly. After a long day it was the perfect escape at night.

1 Thank Mark W
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I recently stayed 2 nights at the Padollan Inn & Spa. This is a top notch hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Not a typical hotel layout which I found to be a nice change of pace. The best part was the massive bathroom and extremely comfortable bed. The restaurant had very nice food and made it really convenient. I liked to option of either ordering breakfast or taking part in the free continental that was offered. The spa was a nice touch as well for a tired and weary travel body. Over all a great hotel. I highly recommend it.

1 Thank JCatNash