Podollan Inn & Spa
US$141
US$137
Stanford Inn & Suites(Grande Prairie)
US$124
US$170
US$146
US$203
Travelocity
All reviewsjax grillunderground parkingomelette stationexecutive suitesoaker tubomelette barking bedlarge bathroomcomfortable bedsstarbucks coffeehotel restaurantthe general managerbreakfast buffetbusiness triplittle priceyfront desk staffgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I travel to Grande Prairie 3-4 times a year for business. On my most recent stay, June 8th, I noted a few impressive changes over the last 6 months.
1 - Two bottles of chilled water in the fridge (no charge)
2 - An expanded hot free breakfast (juice, hot and cold buffet, make to order omelette)

Same as before, I was checked in quickly and found the desk staff professional and friendly. Most important the room was fresh and clean.

At breakfast I left a tip for the breakfast staff and the next day requested an updated statement of account, which was emailed within 5 minutes. Great service!

Overall, a great experience and plan to follow-up with our corporate travel group restating the great service and fair pricing.

Room Tip: No in-house gym but ask the front desk for a free coupon for across the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Mark S, Manager at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Hello,

We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and thanks for all your comments!

During your next stay, we hope you will be able to take advantage of our new cardio fitness centre on our main floor, nearly completed now.

Thanks for staying with us, it was our privilege to host you here - and we look forward to being of service to you again for your next stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

A series of business trips to Grande Prairie for a week at a time quickly evolved to being welcomed back by the staff at this facility. I found the rooms pleasant, beds comfortable, but many hotels can claim that. What kept me returning here was the staff. Not just friendly, but proactive, answering challenges with a 'yes we can' attitude, and adding caring details to their care. And they remembered the details! I will always think of my visits to Grande Prairie fondly because of these welcoming and genuine staff.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms away from the busy street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mark S, Manager at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Hello Camille H

"Welcoming... friendly, proactive, answer challenges with a 'yes we can' attitude, pay attention to the details" - this is like the intrinsic instruction manual for all of our hospitality agents who take so much pride in their chosen profession - and nothing could be received by them as a greater compliment - Thanks for sharing! We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

An average facility that is not being well maintained with filthy parkade, nicks and chips in room, and exterior landscaping, parking lot and overall lack of attention to making the hotel look appealing. As for fees, there is 5% GST, 4% Provincial room tax and a $3.95 energy fee! It is for power to charge cell phones, tablets and laptops, according to the front desk clerk. It is not disclosed on website on Expedia or Podollan's.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Roberto48
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I had a week to spend in Grande Prairie and chose this hotel from the pictures and I was not wrong . The hotel it's self is very nice, beds a comfortable and rooms have a nice style , but that's where it ends. The first night was good but when I returned the second night , the garbage was still in the room and the bed was not made. I went to front desk to complain and they didn't even care enough to ask what room I was in, I realized this st the time but they did not. Not sure how you fix something when you don't have all the details! Bathroom was cleaned hastily and shower mat was no where to be found. Wednesday night I picked up some Chinese food and a bottle to have a drink but there was no ice on the machine on the second floor, I went to front desk, they set me to forth floor. The machine is still not repaired and no note to even tell people where to find ice. Now its thursday and I have been listening to a gas powered engine rev up and down for three hours as a contractors has it parked under my window while they do renovation/construction on the hotel, but at least the room is clean and I picked up ice from the forth floor. Nice hotel, needs a real manager!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank 505_Blazer
Mark S, General Manager at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello 595_Blazer

I'm sorry for your disappointment. It is hugely important to everyone here that guests completely enjoy their stay. In a case like this, we highly recommend talking directly with the manager about the occurrences. Managers want to know - not just at our hotel, but at any hotel where the manager cares. We had the service truck moved as soon as we were aware of your inconvenience. Sometimes there are misunderstandings that have caused the issue, such as a room not being cleaned when a "do not disturb" sign has been left on the door, and then other times, the guest has truly experienced a service failure. Either way, we want the opportunity to address the defect. We appreciate your point about the ice machine, as we overlooked placing a sign on the out of service machine – we added a sign later that day. Unfortunately the required parts for the ice machine did take time to arrive, however we are happy to report the ice machine is fully operational once again. We're glad you liked the hotel, and I would like to personally invite you back. Your visit was important to us, and although I believe you will feel exactly that during your next stay, if you contact me ahead of time, I will personally see to it.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had no where booked in Grande Prairie and were astonished at the cost of a hotel room without breakfast at around $200 CAN. We tried 3 hotels and then this one and they were charming and helpful and we were sold an entire suite for the price the Holiday inn would charge for a normal Queen room and the Podollan had complimentary anything you want breakfast too which was good .Spotlessly clean + huge bedroom with 6ft bed, nice quiet air con, separate sitting room, large shower and bath and huge fluffy white towels and everything you could wish for. Great staff . The dinner menu was excellent too and the Alberta steak was to die for!! There is a beauty salon and massage available too which I did not use.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark S, Manager at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hello Julia Smith,

Thanks for your kind comments about our hotel and JAX Grill & Lounge, as well as the service we provided. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate being given the opportunity to be of service to you and look very forward to being of service to you again in the future. Thanks!