“Better than expected”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Alberta, Canada
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The motel was better than expected-I decided to give it another try, staying for 2 nights.
The good:
Check in/out easy
AC fantastic with the recent heat wave
TV in room modern (flat screen)
Bed feels "springy", but surprisingly comfortable
The motel offers the internet cord and an iron if requested
Price was great on special (summer sale)
Truly pet friendly, which is great for me
Offer faxing service if necessary, which was a great perk
Room very clean
Plentiful parking

The semi-bad, from 5 to 4 star:
Carpets (mainly hallway) is quite dirty/stained, looks like it needs a good steam clean
No hairdryer in the bathroom (realized too late)-although they do have them downstairs to borrow if needed
Location is good for drivers, bad for delivery people...called around for supper and local places wanted nearly $10 for a single meal as it was "outside delivery route"
Business still advertises paying in various forms outside credit card, but this location requires one-unlike most motel 6's. If you have one, great/no problem.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank FrequenttravellerCA
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the M6 Grande Prairie. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am pleased to see you took the time to tell us how we went from a 5 star to a 4 in your opinion. At Motel 6 -Grande Prairie we believe pets are family and are always happy to accommodate them too! I am please to also hear that you were able to take advantage of the "Summer Sale" and were satisfied with the savings!

Motel 6 Grande Prairie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gatton, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We made a last minute decision to stay in GP, booked the motel using the WiFi at McDonald's & turned up 15 minutes later. When we checked in, we were then given a "Summer Sale" rate, which saved us another $12 for the night (it all adds up) Great service, no complaints at all, would be quite happy to go back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bek91
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the M6 Grande Prairie. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our `Summer Sale` and were satisfied with the savings! We strive to provide our guests with exceptional service and are pleased to hear your expectations were met.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Thinking of relocating to Grande Prairie and used trip advisor to search hotels. Warm greeting and great rate. Free Internet but did have to ask for the Internet cord as I forgot mine. No wireless Internet. A great place to stay. Just what we were looking for. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Garymilton
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the M6 Grande Prairie. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional customer service and are pleased to hear that your expectations were met.

Thank you for bringing up that you weren't able to find our hotel. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. I will be sure to make up direction charts for our Front Desk Agents to further assist our guests with directions to our location. I will also have Maintenance look into all our exterior lighting to make sure our property is fully lit accordingly.

Edson, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I had to have surgery and they gave us the medical rate! Most places will not do this, I was very grateful as we travelled over four hours to do the operation and with the expense of gas, food and hotel and missing work, I was very relieved to have them offer this!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the M6 Grande Prairie. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We Strive to provide exceptional customer service and are pleased to hear that your expectations were met!

Orlando
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

My first trip to Grand Prairie, and it was nice after 100+ miles of dark, snow, and watching for MOOSE to see the familiar blue sign with the red 6.
The staff was more than friendly and helpful. Happy to give a Florida boy some extra blankets.

I only gave "value" a lower rating because ALL hotels in Canada are double the price of the same property in the states. Makes no sense when our dollars have been almost even for a few years now. In any event, it won't keep me from going back!!

• Stayed April 2013
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the M6 Grande Prairie. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional customer service and are happy to hear that your expectations were met!

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Nice room for under a hundred. Heater kept cycling on and off throughout the night (every 2 minutes)...called front desk that night and they said that this wasn't normal (obviously)...front desk said they would have maintenance look at it in the morning. They offered a different room for the night if i wanted to move...i declined as i was settled in and comfortable. I was informed the next morning that unplugging the unit and plugging it back in will reset the unit and fix this problem. Would have been nice if front desk had suggested this as a fix that night...or in hindsight...i had tried this myself...live and learn. Heater issue aside...If i find myself in Grand Prairie needing a place to stay again...I will not hesitate to book myself into Motel 6.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank sugarcove
m65709, General Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. We strive for excellent customer service and customer satisfaction. I am sorry that the front desk staff was unable to help you immediately, however I am glad that this isssue regarding the heater was solved. I am happy to hear that on your future trips to Grande Prairie you will be staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Nicole Prediger
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2013

It's a budget motel. Probably the lowest rate in GP.
Room was clean and quiet, however it was ver small almost claustrophobic.
If you need soap etc, you need to ask for it at the front desk.
If simply want to safe money, it's the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Carsten S
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that I take them very seriously. Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us. We are looking forward to seeing you gain.

Nicole Prediger