“Good Hotel”

Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Lovely room on the women's floor. Bed was very comfortable. My only complaint was the lack of hot water for a shower in the morning.

Check in and out was done quickly and the front staff are very courteous.

Room Tip: Ladies, I was right beside the ladies' lounge and could hear everything going on so try to avoid...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear guest,
We appreciate your feedback about your last stay at the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre. It is very valuable to us in order to overcome our shortcomings and provide better service to all of our customers. We are very sorry about the hot water problem in your guest room. This issue has been addressed and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed on the women's only floor and it was wonderful. There was a ladies' lounge with free drinks and snacks, plus a small private work out room. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were fluffy. The rooms were clean and spacious. Highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Stay on the women's only floor!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Cristina,
Great to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us, and we all certainly appreciate your kind words and your recommendation of our facility. The exclusive Women's Only floor has become quite popular and I am glad you were able to experience and see the value in it. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grande Prairie and the hotel for your future visits.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Decent king size bed to start off with, not a pillow top, but nice enough. Great little work station, individual router in the room for internet and device hook-up. Downside, they seem to block Netflix, tried it on 2 devices and a laptop, had to get it going with LTE. All the movie channels are disabled on the TV and the line-up is mainly local news channels. Keurig coffee maker in the room with 6 k-cups was a nice treat. Overall cleanliness of the room and hotel was top notch. The drinking cups in the room are plastic covered, no worries about glasses. The windows was a tad bit drafty but it was very cold when I stayed here. There is a restaurant and lounge on the main floor, very limited selection and a bit pricey in my opinion but the food itself was good. Good value for the price overall.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Chris,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your detailed feedback, it is very valuable to us in order to overcome our shortcomings and provide better service to all of our customers. It is great to hear that you have been able to find value in most of our services and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

What a great experience we had. The staff were all amazing: front desk, restaurant, house keeping, maintenance. Everyone was friendly, helpful & accommodating . We were treated like royalty on our one day stay. We enjoyed the "Women's Only" floor very much. The sanctuary was clean and well stocked with snacks & beverages. Almost unusual to be treated so well at a hotel. General Manager Daniel, thanks for your personal approach, very much appreciated. My friends and I will certainly be back and we highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Leanne,

It was a great pleasure meeting all of you. We are so happy that you had such a wonderful time and we thank you a lot for the great review. Hopefully we will see you soon again.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I was offered a free upgrade to the women's only floor so I went for it. Wow, was I impressed! Someone asked me what the floor was like and I said it was like a giant sleep over. In the evening women were in the lounge in their pj's & housecoats enjoying the free bevies and snacks.

My room was very clean with everything in working order. The hotel staff were very friendly, helpful and professional at every interaction be it front desks staff or housekeeping.

I look forward to staying at this hotel on the Women's Only floor again the next time I'm in GP>

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear guest,
Great to hear that we were able to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us, and we all certainly appreciate your kind words. The exclusive Women's Only floor has become quite popular and I am glad you were able to experience and see the value in it. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Spent a night on the "Women's floor" while on business at the Conference Centre. The room was great - clean, well appointed, and good value.

Really enjoyed the women's lounge (and the free snacks there), and the extra security of the women only floor. The lounge could have been monitored a little more closely, as there were no plates or napkins for the snacks, and there wasn't a lot of hot water for my morning shower, but those were small things.

I'll definitely be back. A great option!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Lynne,
Thank you so much for your great review, my team and I are delighted that you were able to find great value and comfort in our newly renovated facility. Our exclusive Ladies Only Floor is very popular and I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience it first- hand.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have stayed at Pomeroy Hotels before and have received excellent accomodations. However my recent stay in Grande Praire Pomeroy Hotel was less than satisfactory. At first appearance all looked very clean and tidy but once I opened the bed sheets they looked like they hadn't been changed from the previous night but the the most upsetting sight was after my shower I grabbed a towel only to find a huge black smear on the towel. Very discussed traveler.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank yanis03

Gord,
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your recent stay. I can completely understand your frustrations over the poor service you received. A clean room is a minimum you can expect and our shortcomings are absolutely inexcusable and we are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
Should you be back in the Grande Prairie area in the future and would consider staying with us again I would be happy to personally take care that your stay will be enjoyable.