“Have your waitress repeat you order”
Review of Jax Grill & Lounge

Jax Grill & Lounge
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the Podollan Inn & Spa, Jax Grill & Lounge is decidedly different from the traditional hotel dining room. Perfect for relaxing and enjoying breakfast,lunch, dinner, cocktails or gathering after a long day. Our elegant ambiance offers plush leather furniture. Jax's showcases a new and innovative menu and offers a large selection of martini's, spirits, wine and ale. Join us and taste the difference.
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
“Have your waitress repeat you order”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a very nice place it is clean but a bit small we had a large group beside us and it was very loud. Food was OK but service was very slow and when our food finally came we were missing an order of Prawns. The waitress said the cook forgot to cook them but, I believe she forgot to order them. Then when the Prawns showed up they might as well have kept them my wife refused to eat them. It has been about 2 years between visits and it will most likely be another 2 before I go back.

• Visited April 2014

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Dinner service is absolutely terrible. The girls will walk around andsing rather than attend to their guests.

Visited March 2014
PodollanGM, General Manager at Jax Grill & Lounge, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
We are sorry that you didn't find our servers attentive. I want to assure the readers that this is not the normal response to our service and have brought this review to the attention of the entire service team at JAX.
Fairview, Canada
“Super breakfast”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Food was plentiful, fresh, varied. Service was excellent. Breakfast is available at no charge to hotel guests.

Visited March 2014
“Hidden Gem but the new VLT's are tacky”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Great little spot that not a lot of people know about.

The management and menu has changed over the years but it is still nice to go somewhere that is different.

The food has been excellent in the past and the wine selection is pretty good as well.

They have a very upscale interior but recently installed VLT's that are horrible.

Take a nice upscale place and put trash like that in?? Why??

I have just booked some dinner reservations for valentines day and will review again after that.

• Visited November 2013
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Steak is amazing”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I went here for our anniversary we had the bruschetta as an appetizer which I have to admit wasn't all that good I personally would never order it again and I'm a huge fan of bruschetta we order it a lot, for our mains my husband ordered the filet mignon and I had the stir fry, my husbands steak was absolutely amazing! best steak I have ever had, he put it in his top 5, my stir fry was good although very greasy tasting not really sure why but seemed to have a lot of oil, love the fact its gluten free though. The drink menu doesn't have a lot of options for the one with a sweet tooth the restaurant itself is beautiful I feel in love with the design upon arrival the service was good but sometimes hard to understand, over all we will be returning

• Visited December 2013