“Amazing Customer Service”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in late August. The hotel appears to be relatively new and is well maintained. But the real shining stars are the staff. Particularly Chelsea on the front desk, such a pleasant young lady to deal with, she was so helpful throughout our stay. Also the lady who works the breakfasts in the morning, I didn't catch her name but she is so friendly and helpful, she really keeps the breakfast area clean and well stocked.

The room was clean and there was a full size fridge, stove and dishwasher in the suite. Would be the perfect place for an extended stay. The beds were super comfy with proper duvets and covers, not just blankets and beadspreads. There is free wifi in every room with individual modems and access codes so there were no connection problems. Plenty of towels in the bathroom and they weren't thin and scratchy like so many hotel towels are.

The complimentary breakfast was great, lots to choose from, oatmeal, cold cereals, pastries, toast, bagels, eggs, bacon or sausage, waffles, yogurt and plenty of fresh coffee and juice. The dining area is nice as well with a couple comfy chairs, a big tv and plenty of tables.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, there's a great pool area with a slide and hot tub, when we were there the adults I think were having more fun than the kids on the slide lol.

Kudos to Pomeroy, this is a great hotel, one of the better ones in Grande Prairie I think. I'll definitely be staying here next time I come to town.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor overlooking the parking lot, there were no noise issues at all.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for your amazing review. I am so glad you had a great stay and enjoyed our hotel to the fullest. I have great staff and I will be sure to let Chelsea and Bernie know you thought they were great at there job.

Kathy Mcleod
General Manger

Reviewed 2 September 2013

An excellent hotel on all counts. The rooms were large and clean, we had 2 queens, a full kitchen including iron and ironing board. The so called 'free continental breakfast' was an amazing experience with a continental option that included bacon and delightfully smooth, home made scrambled egg. If this is continental then bring it on!
The staff were excellent and helpful and the hotel is is very close to restaurants should you want to dine out. In fact across the street is a Mike's Steak House. If I was being picky I would criticise the lift. It was annoyingly slow to respond at peak times.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are very proud of our Hotel and so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

In town for just a few days and we stayed here. The rooms were clean, service was good, and included wifi and breakfast (simple but fine for us). Located close to shopping and groceries. Included a kitchenette. I would stay again ...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tonya26
Reviewed 14 August 2013

What's to say? The stay was very average. The rooms were nice, comfortable, but looked like normal hotel rooms, they were clean, probably a bit over priced... But good. The breakfast was good, average for what you would expect at this kind of restaurant choosing to charge what they do. There were make your own waffles, so that was impressive.
I might stay here again, but it wouldn't be my first choice, and I could take it or leave it.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I hope you will try us again, if at that time you have any concerns please always call the front desk and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

Kathy Mcleod

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We have always stayed at the Pomeroy in GP... Has always been wonderful. We have 2 children and the rooms that have outside access to a green space is wonderful. Until this trip when I learned dogs get priorities of those rooms over children. You can not reserve a particular room ahead of time, and although you request the room 3 weeks prior you will not know if you get it until check in. Disappointed and would have continued to stay if the staff were more helpful. Excuse after excuse.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank tjtjsc
PomeroyInnGP, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

When we spoke upon your check out the morning of July 17th, I apologize if there was a misunderstanding with what I was trying to explain. You are right, we do not block any rooms for guests until the day of arrival. Upon special request we do write messages in the folio stating your request for a certain room facing a certain direction at our Hotel. It is not always possible to accommodate these requests as we do have in-house guests that extend their stay. We only have 8 rooms with an outside patio and unfortunately they were occupied when you were last here . These are the most requested room types for families with children and also families with pets as it is a grassed and fenced in.

Yours in Hospitality,
Kathy McLeod

Reviewed 12 May 2013

This hotel has a variety of rooms for various needs. My brother and his family stayed in a larger room when they had to stay for a few weeks for business - it was nice and it had a door which lead to a BBQ and an outdoor space. I stayed in clean, comfortable room on business by myself and was impressed with the pool and the atmosphere! Very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I went up to Grande Prairie to visit my husband at work over Easter and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I have stayed at various other hotels in Grande Prairie over the years and this was definitely one of the better ones. First off the hotel was very clean as was the room. It worked out perfectly for my family as I have three young kids so there was a hide a bed in a separate room from the main bedroom. Another great feature was the full kitchen which I would use if I was planning on staying longer than a night or two. Two T.V's was also another bonus so I wasn't stuck watching kid shows the whole time I was there. The only downfall was the breakfast that is included I was not overally impressed. If you stuck to the waffles and toast, cereal etc you would be ok. The eggs were like pellets that come out of the microwave and everyone was just taking a bite of them and throwing them out. I think if you are going to provide a hot breakfast do fresh scrambled eggs instead of microwaving them or hire someone to make omelets for a few hours in the morning. Other than that I will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family