Quality Inn & Suites
Four Points by Sheraton Grande Prairie(Grande Prairie)(Great Value!)
US$122
FourPoints.com
US$121
US$118
HIExpress.com
US$118
Podollan Rez-idence Grande Prairie(Grande Prairie)
US$199
Hotels.com
US$120
US$116
Hotels.com
US$116
Podollan Inn & Spa(Grande Prairie)
US$136
getaroom.com
US$123
getaroom.com
US$129
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenking suitefront deskroom was cleanany length of timegreat family hotelliquor storewell appointed and comfortablehome away from homemy eyestwo night staycomplimentary breakfast was greathot tubrooms are largeplenty of parkingmain floorpomeroy
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had to be in Grande Prairie for a few days last month on business. I was tired having driven 10 hours, I'd blown a tire on the highway, and I was just wanting to stay somewhere comfortable so I could sit and sulk about my luck. I did not reserve a room.

I walked in and was greeted formally, courteously and professionally. I'd asked about availability and was offered a room on the Ladies Only floor. I nodded absently and then I realized what he had said. He went on to tell me it was a Ladies only access floor with a private lounge and our own gym, snacks are brought up twice a day, the fridge is stocked with juices, pop and water. My eyes were wide at this. I have stayed in a few hotels in Grande Prairie and it's an oil town. 9/10 times you are staying in a hotel and getting ogled by the riggers like they haven't seen a woman in high heels before. Anyway, it was a pleasant and welcome option so I took it.

I was provided with a room key elevator access only and went up to my room. The hotel lobby is very contemporary, clean and modern and I was already impressed. When I got to my floor, I was even more impressed with the feminine touches, and yet, it wasn't too girly. My room was very clean, spacious and nicely decorated as well. Again, feminine but not girly. There was a decent blow dryer in my bathroom (not those wall ones that frizz your hair and take 30 mins to dry), 2 fresh bathrobes, 2 pairs of slippers, a Keurig, and supplies like coffee selections, tea selections, etc. The bed was comfortable, plush but not too soft. I went to the lounge to see what the big deal having a Ladies Only appointed lounge. It was beautiful; a chandelier hung elegantly and comfy, plush furniture invited you to relax . It was bright, warm and welcoming, an area to set up a laptop if you wished to, a Keurig with a full selection of coffees and teas, a basket of biscotti, Special-K bars and energy bars. Later that evening (and every evening), a cheese and fruit tray selection was laid out. There was also a loaded fridge with a wide selection of juices and water and pop. Off to the back of the lounge was the entrance to the gym. It had an eliptical, a treadmill, a bike, weights... decent for a hotel gym.
I did not make it to the hot tub or pool, so I cannot comment on that.

I ordered room service that night because I was exhausted, and it was very good too. Served hot and timely. I ate breakfast in the am in the lobby restaurant and while the service was a little slow (I may have been the only one in there at the time, too) everything tasted good.

Wireless access was easy and consistent.
Comfort was surpassed.
Service was very good. (I needed to scan something and they did it without any hesitation)
Clean.
The only thing, and this would not prevent me from staying again, was that the shower was not hot. It wasn't cold... but it was not hot. It was slightly warm. I did find I rushed to get in and out of the shower. It was borderline an uncomfortably cool-warm temp. Rather than wash away the day and soak up the steam, I found myself cranking the tap all the way over to hot, and not getting any warmer of a shower. Like I said though; given the comfort of the stay overall, I can rush a shower for a morning or two without complaint.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely, whether I'm on business or pleasure. In fact, I would probably reserve, to make sure I get the Ladies Only again unless I had my other half with me. It's an incredible marketing piece that women who travel regularly for business would and should (if they haven't) pay for. Would I recommend it to friends? Yes. And colleagues too. It's a little pricey, but it's not outrageous. I have spent 179$ on a room in GP and it was fairly basic. This was only a few $ more and worth every dollar. I probably wouldn't recommend it to families... because I like that it was relatively kid-free although it was a work-week thing. It's an upscale hotel. I appreciate the clientele they catered to. I will definitely be back to The Pomeroy if I need to travel to GP again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in late August. The hotel appears to be relatively new and is well maintained. But the real shining stars are the staff. Particularly Chelsea on the front desk, such a pleasant young lady to deal with, she was so helpful throughout our stay. Also the lady who works the breakfasts in the morning, I didn't catch her name but she is so friendly and helpful, she really keeps the breakfast area clean and well stocked.

The room was clean and there was a full size fridge, stove and dishwasher in the suite. Would be the perfect place for an extended stay. The beds were super comfy with proper duvets and covers, not just blankets and beadspreads. There is free wifi in every room with individual modems and access codes so there were no connection problems. Plenty of towels in the bathroom and they weren't thin and scratchy like so many hotel towels are.

The complimentary breakfast was great, lots to choose from, oatmeal, cold cereals, pastries, toast, bagels, eggs, bacon or sausage, waffles, yogurt and plenty of fresh coffee and juice. The dining area is nice as well with a couple comfy chairs, a big tv and plenty of tables.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, there's a great pool area with a slide and hot tub, when we were there the adults I think were having more fun than the kids on the slide lol.

Kudos to Pomeroy, this is a great hotel, one of the better ones in Grande Prairie I think. I'll definitely be staying here next time I come to town.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor overlooking the parking lot, there were no noise issues at all.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for your amazing review. I am so glad you had a great stay and enjoyed our hotel to the fullest. I have great staff and I will be sure to let Chelsea and Bernie know you thought they were great at there job.

Kathy Mcleod
General Manger

Reviewed 2 September 2013

An excellent hotel on all counts. The rooms were large and clean, we had 2 queens, a full kitchen including iron and ironing board. The so called 'free continental breakfast' was an amazing experience with a continental option that included bacon and delightfully smooth, home made scrambled egg. If this is continental then bring it on!
The staff were excellent and helpful and the hotel is is very close to restaurants should you want to dine out. In fact across the street is a Mike's Steak House. If I was being picky I would criticise the lift. It was annoyingly slow to respond at peak times.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are very proud of our Hotel and so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

In town for just a few days and we stayed here. The rooms were clean, service was good, and included wifi and breakfast (simple but fine for us). Located close to shopping and groceries. Included a kitchenette. I would stay again ...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tonya26
Reviewed 14 August 2013

What's to say? The stay was very average. The rooms were nice, comfortable, but looked like normal hotel rooms, they were clean, probably a bit over priced... But good. The breakfast was good, average for what you would expect at this kind of restaurant choosing to charge what they do. There were make your own waffles, so that was impressive.
I might stay here again, but it wouldn't be my first choice, and I could take it or leave it.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I hope you will try us again, if at that time you have any concerns please always call the front desk and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

Kathy Mcleod