“Definitely eat here again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taj Grill & Bar

Taj Grill & Bar
Ranked #68 of 196 Restaurants in Grande Prairie
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Definitely eat here again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had never eaten here before...we ordered take out. While we waited we were brought a few food items from the buffet by the waitress, who was very friendly:)...the food was great from the buffet and our take out! Would recommend highly! YUM'

• Visited September 2013

Chetwynd, Canada
“Go to Pouce Coupe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

My partner and I went here for dinner when Horn Africa was not open for the evening. We both had the buffet. Spice level was "white Indian" and flavour was only ok. Vegetarians have fewer options and my boyfriend said he's had better butter chicken almost everywhere else. Service was fine, chai was average, atmosphere could be improved by putting on some music. Overall average, would not likely return.

• Visited August 2013
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
“Indian cuisine at its worst”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Although the service at the restaurant was good, the food was less than desirable. If you want to have authentic Indian cuisine this is not the restaurant to go to. We tried the buffet because the menu foods listed ingredients that were not correct. For example the Chicken korma included raisins. No, no, there are no raisins in chicken korma. As for the buffet that was a big disappointment. The butter chicken tasted like Ravioli out of a box, the rice was not tender, the mixed subzi (vegetable) dish was mush and included broccoli. Who puts broccoli in a mixed subzi? The tandoori chicken was bland and tough, the only spice the kurdi (curried yogurt) had was turmeric and there was no taste to the pakoras in the kurdi. The only things in the buffet that were authentic and made properly were the naans and the gulab jamins. I must say the naans were excellent but one cannot live on bread alone.

1 Thank Helen K
Edmonton, Canada
“Don't look for authentic food here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I live in Edmonton and decided to try out this restaurant while visiting my family in Grande Prairie because we had talked about it for a while but never had the chance to go on other visits to GP, and they wanted my opinion as someone that is half Indian and who has grown up close to where all the best Indian restaurants are in Edmonton. The naans were the only good, authentic part of the meal. Generally the food was bland, and the butter chicken had more of a rosé sauce or bolognese flavour to it. I was reminded of Chef Boy-Ar-Dee canned pasta when I tasted the sauce. Even though my family are from my side that are not Indian, they also thought it was bland and tasted nothing like the actual curries they had eaten while visiting us in Edmonton one time. There are enough Indian truck drivers that pass through Grande Prairie that I'm sure they would appreciate some authentic food and would keep the business open if local people thought the food was too spicy or flavourful for their tastes, but I wouldn't underestimate people's desire to have to authentic ethnic food no matter where they are!

Tumbler Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
“Nice place to try something different.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

While trying to find a different restaurant we stumbled upon this one. Both me and one of my girlfriends though it would nice to try something different. We walked in and loved the atmosphere. Everything looked new and the greater was very pleasant. We both had the lunch Buffett. I loved everything. Lots of different and new flavours for the pallet. I tried lots of new food I've never had before and liked it all. Would deffently recommend this place. Only recommendation I could make please put some slushy alcoholic drinks onthe menu. :)