“If it's your only option, your not paying and you have ear plugs”
Review of Silver Crest Lodge

Silver Crest Lodge
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel that our company normally puts up in while we are in GP was fully booked, as were most other options in town at the time. So to the Silver Crest we went.

If you are looking for the definition of a crack hotel, then this would certainly qualify. The head boards had cigarette butt burns, the mattress has unidentifiable stains, UFC in the parking lot in the middle of the night are classic signs that one doesn't want to stay here. The level of noise from other rooms was so bad, I slept with ear plugs.

Need less to say I didn't stay a second night. The only reason I didn't give this hotel a one star or terrible rating is that I didn't get a rash from the bed.

Room Tip: Roll the dice, bring ear plugs and a sleeping bag.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank Matt M

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Hi, me and my boyfriend went and stayed there on Feb 15th/2014 It was a weekend get away for my birthday. We thought we'd pick this one cause neither of us have any credit cards. The front desk lady was nice but when we got into out room it smelled pretty funky and the décor was pretty weird. There was a giant hole in the bathroom where the tub met the wall and there was cigarette burns in the bathtub stained there which I thought was pretty nasty. The towels were to small and there wasn't enough pillows or towels. We got set up in the room and went into town for something to do. When we got back from bowling and decided to relax, watch some tv. That was all fine and dandy till we decided sleep was in order. At around 11:30 we went to bed. I could not sleep for the life of me for so many reasons, They had the heat cranked up to the highest I swear, There was no way of opening the windows and no way of controlling the heat ourselves. I literally had to open the door at 2am to get some air inside. Upstairs there was a large and very loud party. There was screaming, yelling, banging around, etc. As well there was a train that came through town 4 times that night and of course was letting us know it was there. AS WELL on top of that there was honking of horns, someones car alarm was going off literally all night. I can honestly say it was the worst experience of my life. I am no drama queen but I expect that the hotel staff would have done more about it. Just terrible. We tried telling the staff when we were checking out but all we got was "really?" and "oh we didn't hear it" No apologies, No discount, No nothing. I would never, ever recommend going there for anyone. Maybe if you wanna rent a nasty hotel to party in and be loud..thats fine but not if your trying to sleep and have a nice time.

Room Tip: Just pick one that's not called the silver crest lodge!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jenn E
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stayed one night at this motel. A double room with a kitchenette cost $97.01 (including taxes) plus $40.00 damage deposit which was refunded upon checkout. Breakfast was provided in the lobby but we chose McDonald's which was next door (Tim Hortons, as well). The Prairie mall is just across the highway. This a basic motel where work crews stay, marked by the signs in the parking lot, "due to noise, diesel trucks in center parking lot only". The room was old, with a popcorn ceiling, concrete/brick walls, old bathroom. The bathtub had white calcium stains and the water smelled. The carpet had stains on it, the mirror by the bathroom had finger prints on it and the room was generally dusty. The desk with the microwave and tv, had cup ring stains. The beds were comfortable, the sheets made me itchy. I pulled back the sheets and did some inspecting but no evidence of "bugs". I would not recommend families stay here at least not when the motel fills up with work crews. There was a sign in the lobby asking guests to securely lock their room door at all times.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of McDonalds are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family