“Mothers Day disaster”

Cuisines: International, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 116th Avenue
Description: As Grande Prairie’s newest and most exciting place to eat, drink and lounge, The Office brings a dash of modern style and elegance to the downtown dining scene. Showcasing classic comfort food favourites with a sophisticated twist and a wide variety of beers and cocktails are available, along with the most extensive wine and whiskey list in Grande Prairie.
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Mothers Day disaster”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We arrived for our reservation and was greeted with rudeness as they did not have us down to be there. There were about 6 people in the place so we didn't see what the problem was. After 15 minutes still no drinks or service. Finally we got service and ordered. Very limited and unusual menu. Extremely pricey. We ordered chicken, pork tenderloin and the halibut. Be prepared for no salads, no buns, no potatoes or vegies. The side for the halibut consisted of something like if you were to empty the fridge of leftovers of chili, squash and corn and fried it all up. That was $27 Very difficult to finally get another drink once the server left. All in all will never go there again, will certainly not recommend it and now I understand why it was basically empty on Mothers Day.

• Visited May 2014
Peter W, General Manager at The Office, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,
we thank you a lot for providing us your feedback. All of our staff in the front and the back of the house are very enthusiastic about the service they deliver. Unfortunately everything went wrong on your visit what could go wrong and we all apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
I can assure this is not the norm for us and I would encourage you to give us a second chance to show you that we can do a lot better.

Edmonton, Canada
“Awesome surprize!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This place seems to be the best original restaurant in Grande Prairie. The food was great, wine selection was good and prices were better than overpriced Edmonton. Our server who is Greek, sorry I forgot your name was very personable and made our night enjoyable.

• Visited April 2014
Peter W, General Manager at The Office, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear guest,
I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and looking forward to your return.
“Great food, awesome service!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you are looking for something fresh and different in GP this is the place! I have now been here twice, once for breakfast and most recently for supper. Love the menu, love the food, great drinks and amazing service! We chose The Office for our anniversary dinner and the atmosphere was awesome (cozy, chic). Our server for supper this evening was Tammy. She timed everything perfectly. I never felt rushed, nor did I feel like I was waiting around wondering what happened to her. She was knowledgable about the menu which was also very helpful (I have never heard of piri piri before tonight). Coming from a diner who is usually hard to impress... I'm impressesed!

• Visited April 2014
Peter W, General Manager at The Office, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Whitney,
I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
“18 year old girls cannot mix old fashioned cocktails”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I was excited to find one of my favorite drinks on the menu, the negroni. It is only 3 ingredients, very simple to make. I thought. It literally took 45 minutes to get my drink and it was yellow, quite unlike a negroni which is bright red from the campari. The waitress was very rude and insisted that I was wrong and that is a negroni. I gave the food a chance to make up for this shortcoming but it took an hour and came cold

Peter W, General Manager at The Office, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
James,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your recent experiences at "The Office" restaurant. We can completely understand your frustrations over the poor service you received. Your comments have been addressed with our restaurant team and we all apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to proof that we can do better and are looking forward to welcoming you again.
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Went here for the first time on a Saturday night. It was super quiet (which is a sin because it is such a great place to eat) not sure if people don't know about this place or what! As far as restaurants in gp go it is amazing! Nice atmosphere, amazing food, and not bad prices. It is definitely quality over quantity but you do get enough to fill you up ... But it is so good I would like a bit more food on my plate! We had the trio dip as an appi and boy was it good!!! I definitely recommend this restaurant!!!

• Visited March 2014
Peter W, General Manager at The Office, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear guest,
Great to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and that you are sharing this with others, looking forward to your return