“Service was great”

Add it.
Mah's Family Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 199 Restaurants in Grande Prairie
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This restaurant is in the same building as the AB Works office and I just stumbled upon it. It wasn't busy as I was there for an early dinner on a late afternoon. The owners of the restaurant are very friendly. I enjoyed chatting to get to know them.

The menu offers western food and Chinese westernized food. I wanted something more authentic so chose the Cantonese special chow mein. The price was on the little high side at over $16 but there was a lot of food. The chow mein had beef, chicken, pork, and veggies. I couldn't finish it all, and it could likely feed 2 people.

There seemed to be many regulars of older people that came to the restaurant so that's a good sign that people enjoy the food and atmosphere. The washroom wasn't the cleanest but ok.

4  Thank LovingSunandSand
There are newer reviews for Mah's Family Restaurant

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Very good combination dishes, I ordered take out and the service was prompt and the staff very friendly.

They have been in business for a long time and are customer orientated

1  Thank Thomas T
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Man's Family Chinese Restaurant in Grande Prairie has passed the test of time. You can always count on great Chinese food at Mah's and a friendly, at home atmosphere. Mah's has been in existence in Grande Prairie for many years, and you can always count on a great meal in or take-out, at a good price! Mah's has always been a family favorite of ours!

1  Thank Brutiffany
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have always gone to Mah's, both my husband and I have many memories, both our mom' s loved the food, now with them both gone it is nice to go with our kids and make memories. Myself, my husband and my siblings, each grew up with one of their children. So beyond being a great family restaurant, run by a great family, they have amazing food. You get what you pay for and we have never left disappointed!

1  Thank Charmaine W
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Not to say that I was not expecting Mah's to be bad but my husbands family talked it up so much that my expectations definatley were medium-high. The food is overpriced and the quality is the same as a mall chinese takeout place. Overall, great when you are drunk until the next day when you want to puke.....would not recomend willingly going to this restaurant..